Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an attempt to avoid financial suicide by selecting the appropriate '06 model Grandsport I suffer with unresolved confusion. Do I want a manual transmission, automatic transmission, or the "cambiocorsa" which I asume does both manual and automatic at some increase in abruptness if yet at great speed? I don't want to race the GS but I want fast and reliable. I don't want to replace pumps, clutches, or anything else if I can avoid it by smart selection based on forum member experience. Any advice on historical relative merits of the above would be appreciated. If I am wrong on the options available, please address that also. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
The Gransport was only made with CC.

·
Registered
722 Posts
As long as it's under warranty, I think the only possible "suicide" is through depreciation. But it should not be much different from other M/AMG/etc equivalent cars.

Also, the Gransport is very fast once you get rolling, but it does not leap off the line like an automatic transmission behind a 5 liter engine.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Also, the Gransport is very fast once you get rolling, but it does not leap off the line like an automatic transmission behind a 5 liter engine.

The Drive-by-wire from Formula Dynamics supposedly fix that issue. The guys that had it installed say the car now takes off just like an auto transmission car.

·
Registered
133 Posts
the GS only comes in CC, it takes about a week to get properly used to driving it & then it's fine. I've had mine for nearly a year now & it's been fab, fast, reliable, just done 3000 miles in europe & never missed a beat. Buy carefully & pay to get the right one which has been well looked after & you'll be very happy.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
The GranSports seem to have a lot less issues with their cambiocorsa than the earlier Coupe's/Spyders. The software is definitely different (and I guess some parts as well).

I have bought FormulaDynamics drive-by-wire system (yet to be installed) but I frankly don't feel getting the car to go is a big issue, perhaps because I was used to clutchless manuals having driven an Alfa Romeo 2.0 Selespeed before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts