Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two days ago, while driving across town in my 05 Spyder with less than 3,000 miles, the cambiocorsa warning light came on and there was a short warning beep. I immediately became concerned, because I had experienced an F1 pump failure on my former 03 Spyder. However, the car continued to operate normally. I got to my appointment. When I started the car again, the light came back on, but the car continued to operate normally. I drove about 2 miles towards my next stop, but before I got there the light went out.

Today, I was running an errand and the light came on very briefly. Again, car is running and shifting normally.

It has been very hot and sunny the last several days. Both times the light has come on the car had been sitting in the hot sun for several hours. The car is triple black and the body and interior were very hot.

I am wondering if there is a problem with the transmission or whether the warning light coming on is a electrical glitch that may be related to the car body and interior being very hot from sitting in the sun.

Anybody got any experience or comments? Thanks.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Two days ago, while driving across town in my 05 Spyder with less than 3,000 miles, the cambiocorsa warning light came on and there was a short warning beep. I immediately became concerned, because I had experienced an F1 pump failure on my former 03 Spyder. However, the car continued to operate normally. I got to my appointment. When I started the car again, the light came back on, but the car continued to operate normally. I drove about 2 miles towards my next stop, but before I got there the light went out.

Today, I was running an errand and the light came on very briefly. Again, car is running and shifting normally.

It has been very hot and sunny the last several days. Both times the light has come on the car had been sitting in the hot sun for several hours. The car is triple black and the body and interior were very hot.

I am wondering if there is a problem with the transmission or whether the warning light coming on is a electrical glitch that may be related to the car body and interior being very hot from sitting in the sun.

Anybody got any experience or comments? Thanks.
Never as you describe, but hey, I live in the UK

So hot weather not quite an issue... :D

If it drives normally, guess it could be a sensor triggering due to extreme heat. What error codes where stored?

·
Registered
824 Posts
The correlation between the CC warning light and actual issues is minimal at best.

Mine came on once when it was stuck in reverse but it cleared itself. My recent CC issues (clearly a failure, wouldn't stay in gear) didn't result in a light.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Speaking of stuck in reverse....

The CC reverse paddle sometimes doesn't spring back to it's beginning position, potentially causing an error message. I have developed the habit of manually returning the paddle to it's beginning position by hand, rather than relying on the spring return. Good Luck.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update...Car on way to service department

This morning I was driving to Indianapolis for the U.S. Grand Prix practice sessions. The cambio warning light came on again for a few minutes, then went out. Car was running fine. After about 20 miles, the MSP off light came on, and the led on the MSP was illuminated. Would not turn off. Then about 10 miles later, both the ABS warning light and the check engine light came on. Car still running fine. Pulled it into Ford dealership I work with. Turned car off, then restarted. All lights went out except check engine light. Called dealer, they said call Roadside Assistance and have car flatbedded (is that a word?) to the dealership.

My sense is that it is some type of electronic issue that is sending all the signals causing the warning lights to come on. But, then, who knows. It's Italian!

Will post update after service tech looks at it on Monday.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
This morning I was driving to Indianapolis for the U.S. Grand Prix practice sessions. The cambio warning light came on again for a few minutes, then went out. Car was running fine. After about 20 miles, the MSP off light came on, and the led on the MSP was illuminated. Would not turn off. Then about 10 miles later, both the ABS warning light and the check engine light came on. Car still running fine. Pulled it into Ford dealership I work with. Turned car off, then restarted. All lights went out except check engine light. Called dealer, they said call Roadside Assistance and have car flatbedded (is that a word?) to the dealership.

My sense is that it is some type of electronic issue that is sending all the signals causing the warning lights to come on. But, then, who knows. It's Italian!

Will post update after service tech looks at it on Monday.
I had all warning lights come on once as I drove out of my driveway. Restarted the car and never happed again :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update on Warning Light Service

The dealership called to explain the sequence of warning lights...cambio, then MSP, then ABS, then engine...was due to a brake relay failure. The service advisor checked with the tech and the explanation is that when the relay started going out and I braked, the first alert/warning went through the cambio system. Oh well, its Italian and it is supposed to be all better now.

While Maserati Roadside Assistance arranged and paid for transport of the car from Indianapolis to the dealer in Cincinnati, they apparently will not/do not pay for transport back to me. I find that very disappointing. The vehicle has less than 3,000 miles and had to be towed to the dealership. If Maserati wants their vehicles to be purchased by people who do not live close to a dealer, they should provide roundtrip transport, especially when the vehicle breaks down while under warranty.

Anybody had experience with Roadside Assistance that might be helpful?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts