Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,
Newcommer in the maserati world, just bought a GS -06. Never heard about this clutch issues before. As i intend use the car as daily driver apr-nov i now might to rethink. The use will be driving to work with a 25% of stop and go traffic of total travel. As reading the forum the conclusion seem to be that
1.Firm driving in sportsmode seem to be the best for the clutch and gear box.
2.To me it also seems as i firm press on the accelerator on first gear are minimising clutch slide.
3. 50/50 weather N or 1st gear is the best when standing still.
4. Atomatic eating the clutch

My car is a netuno blue ltd edition coupe with ball polished whells sat nav telephone park assistant and all other extras. Interior finished in avorio or beige (dont realy know) with biondo carpets.

Thankful for any tips regarding driving relating to clutch wear. Thanks for a great site and forum

Regards

Yffe

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Yffe said:
Dear all,
Newcommer in the maserati world, just bought a GS -06. Never heard about this clutch issues before. As i intend use the car as daily driver apr-nov i now might to rethink. The use will be driving to work with a 25% of stop and go traffic of total travel. As reading the forum the conclusion seem to be that
1.Firm driving in sportsmode seem to be the best for the clutch and gear box.
2.To me it also seems as i firm press on the accelerator on first gear are minimising clutch slide.
3. 50/50 weather N or 1st gear is the best when standing still.
4. Atomatic eating the clutch

My car is a netuno blue ltd edition coupe with ball polished whells sat nav telephone park assistant and all other extras. Interior finished in avorio or beige (dont realy know) with biondo carpets.

Thankful for any tips regarding driving relating to clutch wear. Thanks for a great site and forum

Regards

Yffe
Yffe (is that pronouced Iffy?), welcome!

Just enjoy your GS. don't worry about the clutch too much.
The GS's CC software is already better. You are correct in the points. you did your homework.
The GS (or you) won't be too happy with auto mode anyways, so manual + sport whenever whereever possible.

sounds like you have a great color combo. please post some pics.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome to the community!

Sounds like a great car. M is absolutely correct! Don't worry too much about the clutch, Sport Manual Mode works great. I found that following launch sequence works best in the GS:

From N shift to 1st., Slow and progressive input of accelerator until you feel the clutch being engaged completely - then you can stomp on it and shift at readline - No Prob - won't hurt anything as the car is designed for it (after proper break in of course).

If you stomp on the gas right away the clutch slippage is pronounced and you won't (at least I didn't) like the feel, sound and results of such a launch!

I am sure you will have tons of fun driving the GS daily !!! :)

Please - Post some pix!!!!! :cool:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just let her rippp

Congrats on the purcahse , like to see pics of your car...

Just drive it like it was meant to be driven.....

HHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAARRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts