Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope to pick up my new Spyder next week.

A quick question: I suppose I can let off the gas and pull both paddles to put the car into neutral while coasting down to a stoplight, as an alternative to letting the transmission downshift all the way.

But suppose I've slowed down quite a bit, and then the light turns green again? How do I put the transmission in an appropriate gear and resume driving, while rolling?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
just tap the paddle again and it will move out of N and back in gear.

i would suggest you coast in Neutral not more than you would do in a manual car.

as an aside note, it seems to be the the transmission downshift more agressively in the GS's CC software than in the DS in the QP.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Congrats on the new aquisition, should go nicely with the 330. What color?

If you hit the upshift paddle from neutral the CC should select the appropriate ratio -very handy for the occasional tunnel.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
bundas said:
no lube will go to output shaft when transmission is in neutral. many of my customers destroy their gear boxes trying to save a penny's worth of gas by coasting.
I've heard that said for automatics, but wasn't aware of the same problem in "manual" gearboxes.

Guess I'll just let it downshift it's way to a stop...

John, it's blu nettuno/cuoio! OK, I'm boring, but at least I know what I like.

Assuming it gets on the transporter some day... having trouble getting the car here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.