Maserati Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the posts re the correct fluid and thought that Mobile 1 ATF All Vehicle is an acceptable alternative. On occasion my CC light will come on for a few seconds and then go off. All is otherwise working properly. I have a new F1 pump and relay so all should be fine in that area and think the fluid is just a little low.

The Mobile 1 is red and the fluid in the reserve is white so I did not top off. Any suggestions ? Can I mix ?

·
Registered
824 Posts
I read the posts re the correct fluid and thought that Mobile 1 ATF All Vehicle is an acceptable alternative. On occasion my CC light will come on for a few seconds and then go off. All is otherwise working properly. I have a new F1 pump and relay so all should be fine in that area and think the fluid is just a little low.

The Mobile 1 is red and the fluid in the reserve is white so I did not top off. Any suggestions ? Can I mix ?
Please be more specific about what you're asking.

There is hydraulic fluid for the CambioCorsa system, and then there is gear oil for the transaxle.

CC light is related to your pump and HYDRAULIC fluid, not the gear oil in transaxle.

Where are you checking the fluid?

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CambioCorsa. I am not referring to the transaxle. The CC fluid reservoir is located on top of the CC unit underneath the car and located next to/on top of the transaxle. I never mentioned gear oil or the transaxle.

TIA

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Mobil 1 makes a

Full Synthetic ATF which is completely compatible with the F1 pump...

I have posted it here before... AGIP no longer makes CHF which is exacly the same thing, CHF stands for Central Hydraulic Fluid and AGIP CHF is used in Volvo's for power steering fluid...

http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4081&highlight=AGIP

I ended up buying some of the Mobil 1 and using it.. It has been working fine.... It's either that or head to your local Volvo dealer and get some of the CHF if they still have it.... A few others use the equivalent as well. Your local Porsche, BMW or Ferrari dealer will have it but not sure if the Ferrari dealer will sell it to you... My Ferrari/Maserati dealer won't sell it...

As for mixing, well it shouldn't hurt anything, especially since the Mobil 1 is superior in it's ratings to the AGIP stuff... If it was lubricating the engine I would day different but since it's just to actuate things, in my opinion, it shouldn't matter...

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GrndLkNatv:

Thanks for the response - your post is where I got the info to buy the Mobile 1. I just took a step back when I saw the different colors.

·
Registered
824 Posts
CambioCorsa. I am not referring to the transaxle. The CC fluid reservoir is located on top of the CC unit underneath the car and located next to/on top of the transaxle. I never mentioned gear oil or the transaxle.

TIA
Sorry, the ATF reference threw me.

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, the ATF reference threw me.
no issue. thanks for responding.

I prefer not mixing colors but I will. Next time I bring her in to FM I can already here them saying something must be significantly wrong with your CC system as the fluid is "burnt", or , the wrong color, or whatever.

·
Registered
824 Posts
A quick google found Volvo part number for AGIP CHF: 1161529

If the fluid is "a little low", enough to make any impact on the operation, I guess there is the possibility you have got air in the system, read the last post by windsock in this thread : http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3145&page=4

(ie if your fluid is just low and needs topping up, then go for it; but if it is low enough to "cause" a CC light, then you might have more issues to deal with as per that post)

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A quick google found Volvo part number for AGIP CHF: 1161529

If the fluid is "a little low", enough to make any impact on the operation, I guess there is the possibility you have got air in the system, read the last post by windsock in this thread : http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3145&page=4

(ie if your fluid is just low and needs topping up, then go for it; but if it is low enough to "cause" a CC light, then you might have more issues to deal with as per that post)
Light hasn't come on in over 2 weeks now. I think it came on after so hard braking. I had her up on the lift and think she may be about 1/4-1/2 inch low in the reserve tank. I'm goign to add a few squirts later this week - need to buy a turkey baster.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Turkey Baster and

A small piece of plastic tubing... You can get a real steal on one at Target or Walmart!

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A small piece of plastic tubing... You can get a real steal on one at Target or Walmart!
On my wife's shopping list. Coincidentally, and unfortunately, the light came on and stayed on today for over a minute - I just finished some hard braking and quick shifts down/up. After that, all seems perfect. With a new F1 pump and relay, I'm betting it's just a touch on the low side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts