Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any difference or is this the same system with 2 different names ?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - curious why they call the same transmission two different things.

Why not simply call them both Duoselect or Cambio Corsa ?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It always amazes me how some companies can so completely miss the mark on some things.

Edit - Just found this on the new Wiki info

"Cambiocorsa (Italian, meaning "race change")" This could explain the marketing logic. If this is the correct translation then you may want to use this in the coupe but look for a more "conservative" name for the targeted QP buyers. Still doesn't explain why they couldn't use the generic name "Semi-Automatic Duo Select", or, um, "computer controlled hydraulic operated manual 6 speed".

Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Becuase then you would complain that the name of the transmission is too long ;) As far as I'm concerned, Maserati was smart in renaming the "Cambio Corsa" trans to "Duo Select" in the QP...eluding to the option of two different ways to shift the car.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
I think they also wanted to show that the duo select gearbox is something new and altogether different from the CC.

Now, whether it's true or not is another topic, but as far as marketing goes ... ;)

·
Registered
442 Posts
I did notice that QP duo select shifts better and smoother than the CC or at least compared to the GS. In GS form, it does not rpm match on upshift, where QP version does. On downshift under breaking, QP's still fairly smooth while GS version will dip and surge and dip and surge.

I wonder if MCShift works more like 599, where suspension is linked to the shifting.

One question I have is that CC holds gear at full throattle, does the new ZF auto do that?

Jess

·
Registered
217 Posts
Same thing, one is for the coupes, one is for the QP...

The MCShift is for the GT...

haha. McDonalds... hahaha
Do QPs have the same kinds of issues with the F1 pump and early life clutch failure? It might just be my impression, but it seems like I only hear about these mechanical issues in Coupes and not in the QP :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts