Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 GT that has the Cam Variator clacking noise on startup. Im going to try adding an Accusump to pressurize the variators on startup. Does anyone know what the best location would be to tap into the oil system for the oil feed and the best place to return the oil into the system to pressurize the system at startup?

3,073 Posts
I'm thinking that is not the best way to try to fix that issue on a wet sump car....The clacking sound is because the variator is not locking in the base position...When working correctly the variator locks when the engine is shut off and when it gets oil again on start up it releases the locking pin..Yours are not locking period so just getting oil to them may or may not stop the clacking...It is certainly just a batch for a bigger issue...Doesn't the accusump come with instructions? Jason

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does have instructions, but they aren't specific to a Maserati. One of the options is to get an adapter that enables you to be able to connect between the oil filter and the engine block which provides an input port for the Accusump. The other option is to connect directly into an engines threaded port into the oil gallery if available.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any updates on this? I am looking to do the same on my 09 wet sump. I sometimes hear the rattle, most the time I don't. I want to stay ahead of it.

I understand it may not work, but it cant hurt anything and is in fact, good for the engine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't installed it yet, Im having a tough time finding a sandwich adapter to fit the Oil Filter threads. I think it's a m24 2.0 thread but haven't been able to confirm it yet. I found a guy in Australia that makes sandwich adapters and he could make me one in that thread.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I figured the manufacturer would have the sandwich plate adaptor. I will jump on this band wagon and see what I can figure out. We also have that sleeve around our oil filter that would have to be removed for this to work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts