Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
This video that does nothing more than CONFIRM these babies (the Coupes, that is) need to be LOWERED to get 'em behave properly, if you want to kick some ass...

So, do as Paco, and as I will do next week... before spending on a Tubi, get the handling sorted. This baby is a complete different animal when judiciously lowered (and you not even need not to go the full way to racetrack suspension calibration...)

And then, of course, get a new exhaust (Tubi, or straight with Magnaflow tail pipes, or whatever, to get a bit more of the acoustics denied by the stock mufflers.)

And then you will be seriously :D

Ed

·
Registered
333 Posts
"We were purposely sliding the car around for fun and film sake. We were inducing the car into slides. Just having fun..." That's what the driver of the vette said about that video.

Ed, haven't you lowered yours yet? lowering makes a great difference... I went driving today and will post my video next week... we'll talk about body roll then ;)

·
Registered
660 Posts
PacoSaca said:
"We were purposely sliding the car around for fun and film sake. We were inducing the car into slides. Just having fun..." That's what the driver of the vette said about that video.
Paco, amigo...

Don't believe that a single minute. That's pretty much what to expect from the stock Coupe... in fact, just re-checking the video, around 1:02 mins into it you see the guy almost completely sideways, and not by design (you immediately notice his attempt to correct...)

BTW a very bad driver... never got a single apex right...

PacoSaca said:
"Ed, haven't you lowered yours yet? lowering makes a great difference... I went driving today and will post my video next week... we'll talk about body roll then ;)
Have to check with the mechanic, either this week or the following... and looking forward to it.

Take care y saludos,

Ed

·
Registered
390 Posts
It's almost like that guy was making a compilation video to show how badly that guy drives. Either he was completley clueless or doing that on purpose.

Also interesting to see what people view as excessive roll. My 968 rolled like crazy and it was pretty much always the fastest Porsche at the Auto-X track. Is there a reason body roll is bad?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts