Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My spyder has developed a buzz in the leather-covered horizontal decking panel behind the seats, when the top is up.

Have any of you spyder guys had the same experience and had it fixed? I'll take it to the dealer if not, but would otherwise hope to save a trip.

TIA,

Deane

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Figured it out - there are three small rubber-tipped jackscrews that set the mating of the flipper-panel into the car body. One of them had unscrewed loose and was allowing the panel to buzz.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The screw tightening plus a weatherstrip lube fixed the noise. Funny how much more solid the car feels when it's not squeaking and rattling at you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Rear deck vibration

Just dropped my 05 Spyder off to have the same problem fixed. Will let you know what they tell me. They are also replaceing the chromed air conditioner vent rings which are flaking, and assesing a paint problem along the left edge of the hood and right edge of the left fender. Paint is coming off, also on the drivers side veiw mirror, paint is coming off. Hopefully all this will be covered under the warranty. Also changing the serpentine belt (13000mi), which has been squealing when cold. $320 for parts and labor.

I want to have my yearly check done, it's only been a year and 3000mi since the last check/fluid/filter change. The dealer (Maserati Rancho Mirage) wants $1800 for the service. Last year I paid $800 for the 6500mi check. They tell me there are more things to do on this check. I looked at the service manual and don't see the differences. Anyone know what the others around SoCal are getting for a yearly service? Rancho Mirage Mas seems to have a captive audience and are getting over on rich folks. Unfortunately I'm not rich!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How did you guys apply the lubricant? Did you stop the top mid-cycle? Did this affect the top operations after? Thanks!
Yes, I've done it a few times with no gitches yet.

I used a spray silicone lube which specifcally said it was OK for rubber (don't use petroleum-based stuff) onto a paper towel, then carefully wiped the soaked paper towel along all surfaces of the weatherstrip (it's got a foldy layerfor better sealing).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts