Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I noticed a buzzing sound coming from my dash area that sounded like one of those practical joke hand buzzers. I was just sitting in the car with the engine off and radio on, having just driven about five miles to the gas station for a safety inspection. Turned off radio thinking it was static and still there. Took key out of ignition and it persisted for a while then stopped. Then, every now and again, a low grade & very weak buzz for a few minutes until it disappeared. This has happened more than once - I'm trying to learn the pattern to see if it is repeatable before bringing it in for service. Anyone ever experienced this before? Part of the car alarm? Bad solenoid? Ideas?

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Buzz in your dash? Last time I saw him posting, he was busy working his magic and upgrading his sound system...maybe he's in there working on yours?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Servo motor in the ventilation flap system? Bad analog clock? Giant mutant bee? Can you give any more info about the location of the noise. You've got to track stuff like this down. Try to replicate it.... have the hood up and somebody standing outside to see if it might be in the back of the engine compartment. Try to change the vent flaps, ie to defrost, then floor, to see if that affects it. Get your ear down there and try to narrow the location. Left side? Right side? Center? Up high, down low?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
a low grade & very weak buzz.....

Thanks a lot! :mad:

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry Buzz......I was wondering when you'd chime in. :D

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
How cold is it?

Once you get to 35 degrees F, it will start buzzing, warning you of freezing conditions...

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was probably in the upper 40s but, to be honest, I didn't even think about a temperature alert. I'll have to make note of that next time I hear it (and thoroughly reading the owner's manual on the topic probably wouldn't be a bad idea either!).

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Coops....this was very helpful to at least let me know I'm not crazy and hearing things that aren't there. Guess I have some more diagnosing to do....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts