Maserati Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am looking to buy a 2011 to 2015 Maserati GranTurismo MC Sportline. I have looked at a few but the newest one has 120,000kms. Can anyone advise if the kms are too high for this type of motor? Are they reliable enough at this age?

Thank you in advance and look forward to being part of the community.

·
Registered
Quattroporte Sport GTS 2012
70 Posts
Opinions differ, but in the end things wear out with use and things on Maserati’s tend to be expensive. So I would go for a lower mileage car that has a full service history so you can see what was done, where and when. Then I’d still get it checked over by an expert before committing as before you know it you could be in for a couple grand of work. Check for rust on the subframe, disks and pads as these are expensive, clutch if applicable. Also check for sticky buttons (plenty of posts about that here) as replacing very expensive and fixing tedious and/or expensive and success not necessarily guarantee if you do it yourself. The cars in general are solid and the engine strong. If you find a good one you won’t regret it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you @Tallman , very appreciated. I will have a read about the buttons and other items you listed now. The particular one was housed near the beach also so I think I will give it a miss. There is a slightly older one but with 35,000kms on the clock. I will go and have a look at that one.

I have a mechanic who is very good and experienced with them that I was just recommended to. I will make sure he does a pre purchase inspection.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
164 Posts
In 6 years working at a Maserati dealer, there hasn't been a GT with 120k miles on it go through the shop. Most of the older GT average 40 to 50 k miles, that I have seen. I would keep looking and like Tallman said, don't buy one with a rusted underbody.

·
Registered
6 Posts
He’s talking kms not miles I think it’s about 70K miles.

is that the 2015 model in Vic ?
There’s a nice looking white one in qld with about 50k kms on it. I just picked one up from Qld last week also

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes that is the one @Maseticles

Congratulations on your purchase. I was looking for a gun metal grey or black one. I did see that white one, it does look like the pick of the litter. They certainly do make a nice white version, very tempting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh nice! It's beautiful. That's what I am looking for! Not many seem to come with exhausts which I find strange. It will be the first modification I make!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome duke. I’m new too. Really want to try and get 40k miles. 50k seems to be psychological barrier for buying
Then I plan to just keep car for life and drive it until wheels fall off.
Just want that 10k under the 50k to be mine

·
Registered
817 Posts
In 6 years working at a Maserati dealer, there hasn't been a GT with 120k miles on it go through the shop. Most of the older GT average 40 to 50 k miles, that I have seen. I would keep looking and like Tallman said, don't buy one with a rusted underbody.
120000km, not 120K miles. That's ~74500 miles. Still a lot, but if lots of highway cruising.......

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
That is impressive. I would love to drive mine every day but nervous from all the stories. How has your GT treated you?
The GT has been great. Don't let stories scare you off, If you can drive it daily, do it! The more you drive it the better it will be. (y)

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
4,560 Posts
Not sure where the stories causing concerns come from; if you study the posts on this forum 90% attest to just what an incredibly reliable car this is ( minor electronics glitches here and there , many of which are resolved by a battery reboot or a new battery ) , a few pre- 2013 models variator clatter noise on start which goes away in seconds, and fixable at not too outrageous of a cost, and that's about it.. it's practically Toyota in wolf's clothing and with wolf's fierceness :cool: . Sure, when ( and IF ) something breaks it won't be cheap to fix, but if you look at the prices of parts and labor to fix the same issue with a high end Mercedes, or BMW, or Porsche, or Jaguar, etc. , I think you'll find the expense to be very comparable. As for undercarriage rust, there are a handful of posts here identifying that as a possible issue, but that's people who live in climates ( and drive the car in snow, rain, exposed to road salt, or sea shore elements ) conducive to corrosion of just about any car, Maserati does not seem to have any more so of a specific weakness in that regard, IMO .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts