Maserati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of buying a 2004 Maserati Coupe. I drive approximately 15,000 miles per year. Am I likely to need lots of service? How many miles can you realistically put on a Maserati Coupe during its lifetime?

·
Registered
835 Posts
masdreamer said:
How many miles can you realistically put on a Maserati Coupe during its lifetime?
nobody knows! the current production began in 2002.

masdreamer said:
Am I likely to need lots of service?
nah...not as much as recent MB's. Expect long down time and a couple of G's per year. after the warranty...well, a lot more!

·
Registered
390 Posts
The problem isn't the maintenance requirements of the car itself, it's the fact that you have to go to Ferrari dealerships to get it. The car is pretty reliable and doesn't need an insane level of maintenance, but getting a service appointment can be frustrating.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have an 04 CC and the only real issue I have had is the F1 pump which everyone has had ;-)

I put around 10k a year on the car as it is my daily driver. I see no reason why 15k or more should be an issue.

I live outside DC and have never had an issue with the dealer getting service or an appointment. I think it really depends on which dealer you use. I use Ferrari Maserati of Washington-- they are a Ferrari, Maserati, and Lambo dealer and have always been superb.

The scheduled maintanance cost is more than my Jag was but less than my Ferrari had been. The longest downtime I have had was three or four days for the earlier mentioned F1 pump but they provided a loaner. In 2 years of ownership I think I have only kept a loaner overnight 3 times.

Hope it helps and best with your decision,

-dsd

·
Registered
742 Posts
Welcome

I have an 04 CC and will have owned it for one year on July 10th. I bought it with 1,000 miles and drove it from Chicago to NJ. It currently has 10,000 miles. Its never been driven in the rain or bad weather and I plan on putting 9,000 - 10,000 miles each year.

My only service costs YTD have been a front license plate $200 and the 6,000K Oil Change service $371.00 at the dealer. I am lucky to live within 30 miles of FMNJ and about 50 miles of FMPA. FMNJ has been nothing but great to me with appointments and warranty work for replacing the drivers side window seal. They are a first class dealership.

I am due for another oil change at 12,000 miles. (~$200)

Check out the postings on dealer service costs to get an idea of your service costs. Divide them by your annual mileage and you will get an idea of what you will be paying.

I am conservative by nature and I assume I will be changing a clutch ($3500) every 20,000 miles or so, and will have to pay for an F1 pump ($3000) out of warranty some day. I added in brakes and tires (every 12,000 - 15,000 miles) and the routine dealer maintenance. $1,100 - $1,800 depending on the mileage and what is done.

Once your car is paid off you should expect to pay $4,000- $5,000 each year to keep it in perfect running order as it gets up in age and mileage. I do NOT think these are FIRST or SECOND and possibly even third year costs. These costs take into consideration replacing a clutch and an F1 pump out of warranty after the car has some miles on it 15,000 - 25,000 plus. I always forecast worst case scenario. You may be one of those lucky people that get 30,000 miles out of a clutch and put 50,000 miles on the car before a pump goes.

That being said, I am expecting to pay 3,500 - 5,000 a year to keep my car (out of warranty) running very smooth. I think $450.00 a month with no other car payment is very reasonable for a Maserati of any current year. 02-06

15,000 miles should not be a problem either. You might just need more service over less time. You could possibly spend $4,500 - $6,500 a year to keep your Maserati running perfectly after the warranty.

I plan on keeping my car after the warranty expires because it will have less than 40,000 miles. It will have been 100% serviced and maintained and I love it. Not to mention, it will not be worth enough to get into another Maserati coupe with 1,000 miles or so at a reasonable cost.

I plan on keeping my coupe for a long time. I just love driving it and with the back seats its actually been practical. I will post any and all problems, costs and eventually pictures of ownership. This board is full of great people and great resources. Check out the posts. Good luck. CM

·
Registered
681 Posts
Chris always beats me to the break down of the costs. I will say this over 1/2 of my customers use their Coupe or Spyder as a daily driver and almost all of my QP customers use the QP as a daily driver. I used my Spyder as a daily driver for 7k miles and 3 months without a single problem.

If that doesn't tell you enough, I don't know what will.

In the $100-150k range, greatest car EVER.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i had a 04 coupe CC and i just recently sold it, and i both my girlfriend 03 coupe CC. (i like it better)

from having the 2 car i can say that the cars are great. The only thing you have to worry about is the clutch and the fit and finish of the car, keep in mind that the car was put together by hand, and you will need to address certain things as time passes.

but, the reality of this car is very simple... you will not find a better car for the money. especially if you are getting a used 04. this is really a good deal and the amount of fun, saved money , and performance satisfaction that you will receive from the car will more than pay for the service cost.

don't wait go now and get one... GO GO GO.

STOP reading and go to auto trader, eBay or some dealer, and get a MASERATI BABY...

-
Willie

p.s what the hell are you still reading for...GO

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the info

Thanks everyone for the info re my buying question. Went ahead and bought the 2004 coupe. Amazing machine!!

Sometimes, however, it will barely run - almost stall - for the first 6 or 7 minutes. anyone had that issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
2006 GranSport Cabriolet

I just bought this 2006 Saturday with 13,000 miles on it. Chose the Maserati instead of a 2004 Porsche 911 4s Cabriolet with 38,000 miles for the same price. Both seemed to be Excellant vehicles, but I fell in love with the Maserati. I gave it to myself as my birthday present for turning 60 on Sunday.

Already love the car and I can 't quit driving it. I found a Maserati dealership for service and I will take it in next week for them to go over it. If I maintain it meticulously, drive it 10k to 15k miles per year, keep it garaged and out of bad weather (I have a couple of other vehicles) how many miles can I get out of this -50k, 100k, 150k?

·
Super Moderator
3,371 Posts
Happy birthday and congratulations on the car :cheers:

Welcome to ML and post some pics

·
Registered
213 Posts
Expect a new clutch between 20k and 30k miles.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Greetings from Europe,
I frequently saw ads of Maseratis (4200 + Quattroportes) with more than 100k miles on the clock.
The record is a Quattroporte 09/2006 in Italy with 340 000 miles! (I first thought of a 0 to much. However, the price would be higher then)
I rarely saw a car with the second engine.
I think the engine will survive you. For your last trip: QP hearse

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks everyone for the info re my buying question. Went ahead and bought the 2004 coupe. Amazing machine!!

Sometimes, however, it will barely run - almost stall - for the first 6 or 7 minutes. anyone had that issue?
Could be the MAF (mass airflow sensor)... i had a similar issue when i bought by 04 Coupe. cheap and easy fix if thats the problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts