Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just started searching for a used Quattroporte in the UK. My budget is on the border between the Duo Select and Auto models but obviously would like to spend as little as possible. Good used early Duo Select models are about half that of the later Autos. Is the Duo Select such a bad option. I have heard a lot of bad news about this box?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Have just started searching for a used Quattroporte in the UK. My budget is on the border between the Duo Select and Auto models but obviously would like to spend as little as possible. Good used early Duo Select models are about half that of the later Autos. Is the Duo Select such a bad option. I have heard a lot of bad news about this box?
ALL of us coupe CC owners have the "duo select".. Probably 95% of the modern maserati owners in fact.... I love mine! Opinions may differ :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would deff. say go duo select if you like to drive your car. If you wann be driven around like a classy older person go automatic. Although I must add the autos are pretty bullet proof. Hope this helps.

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
Agreed. The DuoSelect is the best option for a Sport Driver.

We have a Drive By Wire Enhancement Module that wakes up both transmissions for the QP (Auto and DuoSelect). After spending quite a bit of time in each and really driving the car for performance sake. I can say that the DuoSelect is a nice upgrade over the Auto.

In stock form, the Auto is really lathargic. With the upgrade, you're getting darn close to the stock DuoSelect Performance however the DuoSelect with the upgrade is still superior.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts