Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, first post. Since I almost died last year from Covid (hence the username) I decided to buy a Maserati...life is too short! I'm looking for a Granturismo and those in my preferred price range are the older ones w/ low miles. Is there a reason 2008 and 9s are much cheaper than 2013 for example? Am I missing something I'll regret later by not looking for something later?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Issues with the early models and variators. look it up and make sure anything you by is fixed. i would go 2012 or 2013 if you can... also make sure you check out the interior. Lots of Italian "sticky button/dash" issues that can be a project to solve. However i had a 2016 brand new... sold in 2019 and now back in a 2015 because I missed the soul of this model so much.. it's a love affair for sure.

·
Premium Member
2011 Granturismo S
230 Posts
Happy to hear you survived Covid, a Maserati will be a nice reminder to enjoy the limited time we all have here.

Search results for query: buy | Maserati Forum (maseratilife.com)

Quick Recap of above: Early models had either 4.2 or 4.7 engines, had expensive Variator problems, Coolant Hoses that were expensive to Replace, Different nose and Interior Bits started in 2013.
2009 was available with an Automated Manual Transmission from Ferrari vs the ZF 6 Speed Automatic. I went with the ZF Automatic for reliability and no $10K clutch jobs.

The Cheapest Italian Car will Be the Most Expensive in the End. Buy the Best Car You Can and Have $$$ Left Over For Incidental Repairs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts