Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m considering a certified 2016 Ghibli SQ4 with 23k miles, new brakes and new tires, for $34k out the door. Interested in feedback on whether this is a good value or no. Would love feedback.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
“Price is the compensation for a value not received”. If that is all you can afford (for a Maserati), it will be a learning experience.

·
Registered
299 Posts
“Price is the compensation for a value not received”. If that is all you can afford (for a Maserati), it will be a learning experience.
He didn't say that is all he can afford. He might be capable of buying a Veyron. He just asked if it was a good value...

Hans.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
He didn't say that is all he can afford. He might be capable of buying a Veyron. He just asked if it was a good value...

Hans.
Veyron? I don’t think so, $34k, 23k miles “out the door” Ghibli says, this is the best the dealership thinks it can do with this car. It may be a good value for a Ghibli but that says a lot about Ghiblis. I would pass and if it is “a Maserati” he wants, consider a older QP.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Correct. As a first time, “potential” Maserati owner, I’m simply looking for opinions from those with experience on whether or not this is a good deal to jump on. Thanks!

·
Registered
299 Posts

Hans.
Veyron? I don’t think so, $34k, 23k miles “out the door” Ghibli says, this is the best the dealership thinks it can do with this car. It may be a good value for a Ghibli but that says a lot about Ghiblis. I would pass and if it is “a Maserati” he wants, consider a older QP.
Again, nothing in his posts indicate what he can afford, or how much money he has. He just wants to know if that is a good price.

If I asked if Costco's price on toilet paper is a good buy, does that mean I can't afford a Maserati?

Hans.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Again, nothing in his posts indicate what he can afford, or how much money he has. He just wants to know if that is a good price.

If I asked if Costco's price on toilet paper is a good buy, does that mean I can't afford a Maserati?

Hans.
I say pass, So what’s your opinion?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Not a clue. Honestly, I don't follow Ghibli prices. At this stage, I'm still a NA V8 guy. I think blowers are sort of cheating as a way make HP. But if one were to stumble in front of me for a stupid price, I might bite.

Hans.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Not a clue. Honestly, I don't follow Ghibli prices. At this stage, I'm still a NA V8 guy. I think blowers are sort of cheating as a way make HP. But if one were to stumble in front of me for a stupid price, I might bite.

Hans.
On that, we totally agree.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I find CarGurus kind of handy, in that they send occasional listings of "cars of interest". It may or may not be regional, but on the West coast the listings are fairly comprehensive. If I were looking for a a Ghibli SQ4, I would have CarGurus send listings to me. I currently subscribe to QP 2012 and earlier, and later GT's. The notifications are not real intrusive.

Hans.

Hans.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
3 Participants
mrjebwalker
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing