Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching the market for the past few months, have made made a few observations on the sale of cars.
Low mileage (under 2000) that are 3 years old sell in a heartbeat.

Once the car has about 7000 miles, or is a 2005 or newer, they seem to stay on the market forever.

Am I seeing the right? Are the dealers asking too much for the cars with 10,000 miles on them, or is there just no demand for a used Coupe in the USA?

·
Registered
681 Posts
It could be the dealer (reputation, bad salesman, etc), or it could be the price of the cars. The demand is there for the right price.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
no just the maserati's, but most few-year-old cars with a relatively low mileage does seem a better deal than one with a higher mileage.
you are correct with your observation - may be the buyers are also worried about service, replacing the clutch or tires around that time.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hmmm, maybe. I just sold my coupe 2004 with 8100 miles in a matter of 2 weeks (for just about the same price as I bought it last year). I'd guess nearly out of warranty coupes would be in less demand than one which will still carry a 2 year warranty. Also, I've noticed that the inventory is much lower than last year this time.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MVP said:
It could be the dealer (reputation, bad salesman, etc), or it could be the price of the cars. The demand is there for the right price.
I think the definition of "the right price" for a buyer is significantly different than for a seller.

I do not think it is dealer related, as is seems to be more wide spread.
It looks like there is no demand for 2 year old cars at an asking price of 65-70K

1 - 5 of 5 Posts