Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does antbody know how to do a hard launch with a QP? I tried doing a smokey burn out start with the traction control off, but it didn't do it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
312 Posts
maximum said:
Does antbody know how to do a hard launch with a QP? I tried doing a smokey burn out start with the traction control off, but it didn't do it. Any suggestions?
If I turn off traction control and stomp on the gas the tires smoke like crazy on most any surface and everytime. There is a microsecond delay, allowing the revs to climb - so its just like popping a clutch. Remember its a drive by wire gas pedal so the computer knows how aggressively you floor it.
2005 QP

·
Registered
312 Posts
maximum said:
oh yeah, and, like a Muslim facing Mecca, always point the nose of the car toward your dealer before you do this - that way you'll be closer to the location of your clutch replacment job when the car comes to rest.

Actually don't know how hard this is on the clutch. I"ve done it about 10 times and replaced my clutch at about 29K miles.

·
Registered
773 Posts
tires, tread? what tread!

i stomped pedal once, went wide open, brakes were first choice, too much power to kill motor. key next. have not tried again

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
bundas said:
i stomped pedal once, went wide open, brakes were first choice, too much power to kill motor. key next. have not tried again
sorry bundas, let's hope by your 100th post it will be more readable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Kbrookings, it worked like a charm. I just stomped the gas and what a nice smokey launch! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
haha
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing