Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I went over one of the famous potholes of Washington, D.C. and didn't even notice it. Last week while cleaning the car I noticed a "quarter" size protrusion on the front tire side.
Best advice..?.I would like to save some money from paying the full dealer price for a new tire, but don't think they are having any sales soon. I have the 20 inch wheels.
Thanks,
Bruce

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I'm assuming you have a fairly recent model with 20" rims. I'd try TireRack.com for a quick replacement and have a local installer mount & balance for you. Make sure your rim wasn't damaged on the impact.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've had one of those before which caused a tire blowout on my E55 after I paid no attention to it for awhile.

It's an impact fracture. The tire is basically a rubber canvas over a steel wire skeleton. When that wire skeleton breaks, air pressure pushes out against the rubber causing that bubble, eventually bursting.

I'd be careful driving it, get yourself a set of tires off tirerack.com as Vicenzo suggested and have them installed at any decent shop.

Best of luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts