Maserati Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I lucked out and my local dealer had one of their 2022 reservations back out, so now it’s mine. I’m told I’ll receive the vehicle in December.

So now it’s down to the options. I won’t be needing any track related upgrades, but for future resale, I don’t want to leave anything off that people who would buy this sort of vehicle would strongly desire.

Probably my biggest decision is the exterior carbon kit. I think it looks great without it, but curious of other peoples opinions. Is it worth the $35k? Would you consider it a requirement for a vehicle in this price range?

Also, I noticed the carbon fiber roof is only $2k more than the black painted roof option. Safe to assume that’s just a thin overlay? $6k seems cheap for a carbon roof.

My dealer claims the nose lift is included. Is this the case? I read sone posts from people complaining that it wasn’t a standard option.

Any other tips or pointers you can give me re: configuration would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I believe the base roof is CF, with black gloss painted a 2k option and the 6k CF option basically just exposing it. I may be wrong, but that's what my dealer told me. It's definitely not just an overlay. The lower trim pieces in matte black are also CF, the exterior carbon pack also just makes this exposed. These are totally subjective choices to get, IMHO get them if you want them and not for the next buyer.

Nose lift is standard for the 23 (along w some other things), I'm not sure if it's an option for 22 but if it is I'd recommend getting it. Also strongly recommend the autodimming exterior mirrors and blind spot alert for the 22, those are standard on 23.

Again, just my opinion, but the exposed CF bits and bobs, interior and exterior, are things you should get if they have value to you, from a resale standpoint we have no idea if they will add value down the line...could be highly valued and you may get dollar for dollar, but just as easily could be 20 cents on the dollar down the line.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Beautiful super car
Your building a future rare collectors car
When I watch mecum it seems the cars with all bells and whistles race stuff and best options get highest price. Color is important too
Just keep silly stuff off no luggage rack, spare tire holder You know what to do.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I also just received a late allocation on a 22' and also told could see by December. Only other thing I would suggest adding are the carbon ceramic brakes and Sonus Faber audio. Yes, expensive options but always highly desirable for future resale. Congrats and good luck!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I also just received a late allocation on a 22' and also told could see by December. Only other thing I would suggest adding are the carbon ceramic brakes and Sonus Faber audio. Yes, expensive options but always highly desirable for future resale. Congrats and good luck!
Agree, if resale is important Sonus and CCB are great choices.

As far as a future rare collectors car, I think we can all dream, but it's not a numbered limited production car and Maserati isn't known for collectability lately...but we can hope. :) I can't imagine they won't be doing a swan song numbered track focused version of the ICE only car at some point, which may be the collector's car to have. Regardless, I'm planning on driving mine and not bubble wrapping it. :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think ajag provided good advice…get the blind spot and auto-dimming mirrors most definitely (and heated seats as it’s an inexpensive option). The lift kit is an option on ‘22 (standard on ‘23), and is the one mistake I made—you will want to get that. The difference between the black roof and the carbon fiber roof is $2k. The CF roof looks absolutely amazing—I think it makes the car, but as others have said, it’s all personal opinion. I’ve also noticed that not many cars seem to have the CF roof, so it does make it a bit more unique. As for the other CF options, if they appeal to you and are within budget then go for it. As for resale, I’m not sure there are any options that make or break the resale…the exterior, interior, and engine look great without spending gobs of money to carbon them up…the roof however, is such a large part of the car that it stands out significantly. But it’s all subjective. As for the radio, if you are going to listen to music when you drive the MC20, then certainly get the SF upgrade (the base radio is adequate, but will underwhelm). If you listen to news, podcasts, or just the engine (which I do), then I’d say pass on the SF radio…don’t think the next buyer of the car will make his/her decision based upon the radio). Congrats on becoming an owner…you’ll be very happy.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think ajag provided good advice…get the blind spot and auto-dimming mirrors most definitely (and heated seats as it’s an inexpensive option). The lift kit is an option on ‘22 (standard on ‘23), and is the one mistake I made—you will want to get that. The difference between the black roof and the carbon fiber roof is $2k. The CF roof looks absolutely amazing—I think it makes the car, but as others have said, it’s all personal opinion. I’ve also noticed that not many cars seem to have the CF roof, so it does make it a bit more unique. As for the other CF options, if they appeal to you and are within budget then go for it. As for resale, I’m not sure there are any options that make or break the resale…the exterior, interior, and engine look great without spending gobs of money to carbon them up…the roof however, is such a large part of the car that it stands out significantly. But it’s all subjective. As for the radio, if you are going to listen to music when you drive the MC20, then certainly get the SF upgrade (the base radio is adequate, but will underwhelm). If you listen to news, podcasts, or just the engine (which I do), then I’d say pass on the SF radio…don’t think the next buyer of the car will make his/her decision based upon the radio). Congrats on becoming an owner…you’ll be very happy.
I would second that...for an exterior piece that transforms the look, the exposed CF roof for 6k is a bargain IMHO. The 30k + for the rest of the exterior carbon definitely isn't the same visual ROI bang for the buck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I did the carbon interior but not exterior. Carbon fiber tends to shatter and does not give. It looks cool but that close to the ground, it is a risky bet. I did get the carbon rear wing lIp. Very happy I got it. My roof is painted same as car, blue. I’m not a fan of the black roof, just a personal preference thing. I definitely would splurge in the ceramic brakes. Less for performance and more for keeping the rims clean.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys, my Cielo allocation just got approved but unfortunately it looks like the aquamarina color limited version is already sold out. I'm having a hard time picking a backup color because the online configurator doesn't do them justice. I'm leaning towards the bianco audace. Has anyone seen it in person? I don't typically like white cars but it seems like it has almost a matte / blue-ish hue to it at times which looks appealing.
Also, I don't plan on taking this thing to the track but will use it periodically as my daily driver. How important is the electronic LSD / carbon ceramic brakes?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey guys, my Cielo allocation just got approved but unfortunately it looks like the aquamarina color limited version is already sold out. I'm having a hard time picking a backup color because the online configurator doesn't do them justice. I'm leaning towards the bianco audace. Has anyone seen it in person? I don't typically like white cars but it seems like it has almost a matte / blue-ish hue to it at times which looks appealing.
Also, I don't plan on taking this thing to the track but will use it periodically as my daily driver. How important is the electronic LSD / carbon ceramic brakes?
Bianco is a gorgeous matte white with flecks of gold in it, I was leaning that way but decided against only because it was the launch color and from what my dealer told me 50% or more of the 22's were ordered in that shade. Maintenance is going to be a bit more than a standard paint, you really probably need to fully ppf it also as color matching a matte if there is damage can be very difficult and require going to a specialized paint shop. I also considered aquamarina, but my dealer said it would be a 2-4 month delay so I just went grigio incognito, the new '23 base color option.

I didn't go eLSD because I'm also not tracking the car. I test drove a car w CCBs and they were good, but probably not necessary for my street use. Smoking tire also commented on the CCBs being a bit underwhelming, you may want to check out their youtube review.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Bianco has a yellowIsh tint (I’ve seen it in person), and when I was ordering my car (Grigio mistero), the description of the color by Maserati on the dealer’s configurator states a yellowish tint to the color. Still, cool car, cool paint, but as mentioned above, it will be a common color and a bit more difficult to maintain.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bianco is a gorgeous matte white with flecks of gold in it, I was leaning that way but decided against only because it was the launch color and from what my dealer told me 50% or more of the 22's were ordered in that shade. Maintenance is going to be a bit more than a standard paint, you really probably need to fully ppf it also as color matching a matte if there is damage can be very difficult and require going to a specialized paint shop. I also considered aquamarina, but my dealer said it would be a 2-4 month delay so I just went grigio incognito, the new '23 base color option.

I didn't go eLSD because I'm also not tracking the car. I test drove a car w CCBs and they were good, but probably not necessary for my street use. Smoking tire also commented on the CCBs being a bit underwhelming, you may want to check out their youtube review.
the new Bianco Alabastro also looks very cool. Subtle and lends a very classic look. Also love the new MC12 Tributo livery with that color!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
99 Posts
How rough is having the car w/o front lifter?
I’d say it all depends on where you live and drive…if your community has speed bumps, get the lift kit; if your drive is steep, get the lift kit. The lift kit is the only mistake I made in my build (I have speed bumps which were added in the community “after” my order, and I have a steep drive). If you have any question as to the necessity, then most definitely get the lift kit.

·
Registered
108 Posts
@MC20 is spot on...if you have to even think about the necessity of lift, you should get it. It will be worth it on resale even if you rarely use it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
@MC20 is spot on...if you have to even think about the necessity of lift, you should get it. It will be worth it on resale even if you rarely use it.
I'm pretty bummed mine was spec'd with it on it hopefully it will be ok. the vantage I had didn't have it and those things sit low to the ground was just really careful

1 - 18 of 18 Posts