Maserati Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
thanks so much. I have the two my wife broke still, but not the one that was missing when I got it. we'll see how it goes!
To all of you guys who had the broken levers: what year are your cars? I am hoping Maserati has taken corrective action in the manufacture of the newer vehicles and that my 2015 model won't experience this.

·
Registered
269 Posts
If someone wants to mail me their (I assume all years even the cars w the updated seats use all the same knobs) broken ones with all the pieces so I can reverse engineer and draw it up. Don't want to piss with mine and brake them until I've got the replacements made

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maserati GT seat release lever

Mine broke two months ago. I rigged a cheap fix with two zip strips (10 cents ).You need to trim the plastic back about 1mm off the top to get a intimate fit between the zips and the male metal bar and leave a small lip on the end of the plastic so the zip strips don't pull off when lifting the chrome release. Still working well to date.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
I tried doing the metal 3d printing on my own, tried to get them scanned and all, but that whole deal was being too expensive. So just like someone else mentioned I devised a simpler technique. Just get artistic wire, wrap it around the areas that break and then put some superglue on it to cement it. Works like a charm, doesnt break at all.

https://www.amazon.com/Artistic-Wire-22-Gauge-Non-Tarnish-15-Yards/dp/B004CYFHBC/ref=sr_1_11?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1505236389&sr=1-11&keywords=artistic+wire

·
Registered
156 Posts
So my lever on my 2012 just broke yesterday.
Whats the best fix?
How do you remove to even try and repair?
Any videos?

Did FD every come up with a metal one?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts