Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An other trackday in France, on the new track of Bresse. The track is very winding and slow, not an ideal track for a powerful car like a Maserati Coupé GT. On the track with me, a lot of Lotus Elise / Exige, some Opel Speedster, a Porsche GT3, a Porsche Boxter... Most of the cars was using track tires like me (PZero Corsa).

I thougt it would be very difficult to not be smoked by all of these mosquitos. But it was not the case. The brakes was impressive (I just changed the fluid), so I can use the power at my advantage. 2 modified Elise with good pilots was impossible to beat, and the GT3 was difficult to beat (standard tires, good pilot), but I can overtake the other cars.

The tires suffered a lot, it was a very hot day. If you look at the pics, you will see the car does not turn flat, it is rolling a lot, compared to the GT3. I think because of that, I am loosing a lot of time in the turns (the car is already lowered, by adapting the Skyhook).

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
Did you pump up the pressure in your tires compared to last time? It doesn't look like it!!

My first track day is not until September, can't wait to see what kind of times I turn.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
squid said:
Did you pump up the pressure in your tires compared to last time? It doesn't look like it!!

My first track day is not until September, can't wait to see what kind of times I turn.
I changed frome the road Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 to the semi-slick Pirelli PZero Corsa. There is no advised pression for Maserati so I used the figures for the Porsche 928S (same weight, same weight distribution): 2.4 bars on each wheel (hot pression). Porsche/Corsa guys agreed about that. The tires doesn't suffer at all on the sides like the Michelin.

I think my problem (and your problem) is the suspension that is not more adapted for the weight and the force in the turns. More grip more force so more problem... If I look how a GT3 or an Elise handle in the turns, the problem is evident !

I think I will ask for an offer to replace my Skyhook by "KW coilovers variant 3" suspensions...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts