Maserati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chaps, got today in my inbox an invite from Maserati to attend their stand at the Geneva Motor Show. The invite said that at the show, they'll unveil Maserati's new car.

Here an excerpt from the email with a rough translation:

Maserati said:
All'evento ginevrino Maserati avrà il piacere di presentare in anteprima mondiale alla stampa e al pubblico il nuovissimo "gioiello" della Casa del Tridente: una sportiva ad alte prestazioni autentica, innovativa e dallo stile inconfondibile.
At the Geneva event, Maserati is delighted to introduce to the press and public, the world premiere of its newest "jewel": a sporty, high performance, authentic, innovative car with a unique style.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Let's see...

What might this new car be?

1. definitely it will be the replacement of the GranSport... maybe they'll even keep the same name... GranTurismo GranSport seem like a good pair to me, clearly identifying the different characteristics of the two cars...

2. given the engine "partnership" with Ferrari what should we expect? The 4.7 that will eventually find it's way in the next F470 or whatchamacallit. or something even newer?

3. Sport+performance... when I hear this from Maserati I think Vantage rather than 911. As far as I'm concerned the 911 should be left alone for the same reasons the EVO cannot be compared to a Maserati: it's just not the same class of car.

This being said I hope the design is better (especially in the interior department) than the GranTurismo, that I find lacking the harmony of the 3200GT or the Quattroporte.

Last issue is the top... Folding metal? this might combine the declarations of a "true" sportscar as well as filling the the empty spot in the production line...

If it's anything close to this... I am gonna go running to the bank
http://www.autoblog.it/post/7109/nuova-maserati-coupe/5
but I'm pretty sure it won't

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I read an interview with someone at Fiat (can't recall who and when - sorry) that they were thinking of a 350hp, lighter/more agile car, priced at around EUR 50-60k.

It could be this one.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
interesting....
they said they will show the Chicane CONCEPT.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Quote from Masearati's email I received today:

"At the Swiss show, Maserati will present to the press and public its latest creation in a world preview. This high performance sportscar is innovative and created in true Maserati style."

guesswork can go on ....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Following the actual newsletter from today, nothing new will come to Geneva:

04/03/2008 - 06/03/2008Geneva

Maserati is eagerly anticipated at the Swiss event, one of the biggest on the European motoring calendar.

Last year’s show witnessed the unveiling of the GranTurismo in a world premiere and this show will be the 78th running of the event.

On show will be the models that have gained international critical acclaim. This reputation has been built on Maserati’s ability to produce sporty vehicles which have been constructed with exceptional attention to detail: the Modenese company’s flagship model, the Quattroporte, was designed by Pininfarina. After two days dedicated to the press, the Maserati stand will be open to everyone. The motorshow will be an unmissable event for all motoring enthusiasts.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Let's say that I am excited since it was what I was waiting for....more sporty, not automatic, more power and beautiful.... way to go! Only the name is a bit , well...

This are the 1st paragraphs of the invite:

Dear Mr xxxx,

We are pleased to inform you that from 6-16 March Maserati will appear at the 78th Geneva International Motorshow, the event at which the GranTurismo was launched in an exclusive preview last year.

At the Swiss show, Maserati will present to the press and public its latest creation in a world preview. This high performance sportscar is innovative and created in true Maserati style.

On the Maserati stand you will be able to admire the models that have won public and critical acclaim across the world: the Quattroporte and the GranTurismo designed by Pininfarina. This acclaim is the result of Maserati’s ability to create cars with a sporting soul while not forgetting the importance of attention to the detail.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Chicane

Looks like one of the runner-ups tothe of the Maserati Birdcage concept car . This was on a documentary I saw on one of the HD channels which chronicled the entire process from sketches to finished prototype. Looks like a late 60's corvette from the front...

·
Registered
278 Posts
and if you go to the Maserati webside this teaser greats you:

" what can you do in 1/10th of a second.......learnm more on february 26th"

(Hint the 599 does the same thing in 1/10th....)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
The 4.7 Litre Engine

is a direct bolt in for the 4.2 litre engine in our coupes... Is the same block as the 8C, Grandturismo, F430 and the current 4200. Less weight in the coupe and more horsepower, plus a set of springs from FD, you could have a F1 car for the streets, especially if you could get the 510hp that the F430 has which would only be a change of cams....

·
Registered
227 Posts
Does the 4.7 have a flat plane crank like the 430 or is it like the Maserati version?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts