Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Also posting in ghibli forums since its more active and same chasis as QP

Hey guys i own a 15’ QP and im having issues with the car eating up rotors.

I dropped the car in for a warranty issue because of an exhaust leak, picked the car up the next day and notice a shake in the steering all of a sudden.
So i put on centric premium drilled rotors with new pads....3 days later the shake comes back.
I took the car to the dealer and of course they blame the aftermarket rotors and pads. Charged me 160$ for diagnosis.

Went to a different dealer and got original maserati rotors and pads put on.....drove 500 kms and same problem came again. Took the car in and they booked me an appointment with a loaner. 15 days away, drove the car and used brakes decently so the problem worsens and easier to detect.

They went back and forth with maserati with calipers, suspension , hubs readouts and inspections.
The left rotor runout is 2-3 while the right one is 0.5 and within maserati spec.
The last reply from the district service manager was because of the drilled rotors holes being filled with brake dust, rotors overheated and wrapped blamed it on me that i tracked the car or i was riding the brakes. I drove the car very regularly since i dont like spending 2500 on brakes every week
And they closed the case.

Im lost guys anyone else had a similar issue ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
that definitely doesn't sound normal. I've had two Ghibli's in 4.5 years, over 30k miles worth of driving, and have never had this issue on either car. And that's 90% city driving and I'm speeding from stop sign to stop light, breaking heavily, daily driving. I made it to 20k miles on my first ghibli without needing a brake job. although i'm starting to get some squeaks at 10k on my current one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts