Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one use aftermarket brake pads?

What are the best brake pads for street use with an occasional track day? High friction, low squealing and dust would be great and good cold temp bite is a must for me. I find the stock Ferodo HP1000s to be poor (not much feel and even less bite).

I have narrowed it down to:

Formual Dynamics Street
Pagid Sport
EBC Yellow Stuff

Thanks

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I know that when I ran into Willie on the street (it was very funny, we both told each other to go the these forums, then guessed who the other was ;]) the first thing he suggested were the FD pads.

Thats why I am going to get them too... and we have a deal set up for the members of the newsletter. Yay!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I run Porterfield R4-S on my street cars that see occasional track use. They are a good pad for a beginner who does not want to switch pads before hitting the track. Quiet on the street, relatively clean, and enough torque and heat resistance for a beginner. I've run them in the Ferrari and 996 with success. I also recommend changing the brake fluid to Motul, which has a higher boiling point.

Anything above beginner level and there really is no such thing as a compromise pad. You'll want something specifically for the track.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I think the stock Brembo pads are great for all around use. If you want track pads, the next question is "which track?"

Has anyone gotten superior general purpose street performance from aftermarket pads? Is the question more about performance or money?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts