Maserati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction on which Brake Pads are best for a 2011 GTS 4.7 , other than OEM . I was reading on this forum that HAWK makes a good Ceramic Brake Pad LOW DUST & NO SQUEAKING. I'm not quite sure if these numbers I picked up will fit the 2011 GTS 4.7

Hawk FRONT...HB 616Z-607
Hawk BACK....HB 194Z-570

Here are some pictures of the pad,they still have life in them but the dust and Squealing squeak gets to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
I haven't had much experience with Hawk pads; I've used EBC pads on a few other cars and have been satisfied though.

I will be replacing my pads and rotors in September as my rotors are very close to the wear tolerance and likely won't pass the next state inspection.

I'll be buying a set of the FD rotors with EBC pads:

Front pads - DP31591C (Sport)
Rear pads - DP31909C

Non Sport, 4.2 cars use pn - DP31032C

BTW, the pics of your rotors look a lot like mine. There is only a 2mm wear limit for the overall thickness, so only a 1mm lip on each side would put you over.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Your Hawk numbers are correct. I have them on my 2014 and love them. You do need to confirm your 2011 has the same brakes as a 2014. Your dealer should be able to verify this easily. Also, Scuderia Auto Parts site should also provide the answer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was told from a mechanic that the Hawk pads are good for track use when hot, but for normal driving in town they squeak ...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Kawasaki: The Hawk pads we are referring to here are Ceramic (the "Z" in the part number). They are totally quiet.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks for the help Guys. I'll order them in fall....on a side note, I was doing some exhaust work on the GT yesterday and decided to remove all 4 wheels and drill clean the vent holes on the rotors. Some holes were semi sealed but it's venting now.
So cool to see people wrenching on their own Maserati. Brings me back to my Mustang days, where everyone did something on their car.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks for the help Guys. I'll order them in fall....on a side note, I was doing some exhaust work on the GT yesterday and decided to remove all 4 wheels and drill clean the vent holes on the rotors. Some holes were semi sealed but it's venting now.
Can you snap a pic where you put the jacks? :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
9 Participants
Catmanv2
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing