Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a 2014 QP6 GTS - If I replace the pads with a non-OE set, e.g., EBC the pads do not have an integrated wear sensor. Can I buy a wear sensor to replace the original and work with after-market pads?

3,091 Posts
You can't and wear sensors are junk...The best way to check pads is visually...We just had a Ghibli in on Friday....ML member...No brake pad light on and one of the pads was about to get into the rotors.....Jason

·
Registered
13 Posts
On a 2014 QP6 GTS - If I replace the pads with a non-OE set, e.g., EBC the pads do not have an integrated wear sensor. Can I buy a wear sensor to replace the original and work with after-market pads?
Just put ecb yellow stuff pads in my 2014 QP. I don't much care about not having the sensors but how do you suppress the dash warning light?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just put ecb yellow stuff pads in my 2014 QP. I don't much care about not having the sensors but how do you suppress the dash warning light?
Also, the brake shop turned the oem rotors. They said they should be fine. Front and rear brakes cost $700 all in.

·
Registered
39 Posts
U won’t get a light. Just zip tie the other end of the connector to a secure place. Like Jason said u just have to visually inspect the pads. Never count on the wear sensors

1 - 5 of 5 Posts