Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time for me swap out my brake pads, does anyone know of some models that fit the granturismo?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Formula Dynamics are an easy answer, but if you want something different here is what I found - yes this took a while and I can only completely confirm the Hawk HPS 5.0 fronts - they work and they are squeak free :) Haven't got around to the rears yet. I'm reasonably certain these are all correct. Anyone who can confirm a part number gets a cookie :)

For my 2011 GTS 4.7 this is what I found for the fronts:
Hawk HB616Z.607 for Ceramic
Hawk HB616F-607 for HPS 5.0
EPB Yellow Stuff DP41591R
EPB Red Stuff DP31591C
Akebono EUR847
Brembo P50053N

Rear:
Hawk HB194Z.570 for Ceramic
Hawk HB194F-570 for HPS 5.0
EPB Yellow Stuff DP41909R
EPB Red Stuff DP31909C
Akebono Ceramic ASP1053
Wagner thermoquiet MX874

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks a lot for the information, just made the purchase on amazon based of your recommendation

·
Registered
152 Posts
Formula Dynamics are an easy answer, but if you want something different here is what I found - yes this took a while and I can only completely confirm the Hawk HPS 5.0 fronts - they work and they are squeak free :) Haven't got around to the rears yet. I'm reasonably certain these are all correct. Anyone who can confirm a part number gets a cookie :)

For my 2011 GTS 4.7 this is what I found for the fronts:
Hawk HB616Z.607 for Ceramic
Hawk HB616F-607 for HPS 5.0
EPB Yellow Stuff DP41591R
EPB Red Stuff DP31591C
Akebono EUR847
Brembo P50053N

Rear:
Hawk HB194Z.570 for Ceramic
Hawk HB194F-570 for HPS 5.0
EPB Yellow Stuff DP41909R
EPB Red Stuff DP31909C
Akebono Ceramic ASP1053
Wagner thermoquiet MX874
Thanks for putting this together.

I'd like to add one correction as below:

Hawk HB616F-607 .... these are actually the HPS pads. (Blue box)
Hawk HB616B-607 .... this is the correct PN for the HPS 5.0 pads. (Red box)

Same deal for the rears:

Hawk HB194F-570 .... these are the HPS pads. (Blue box)
Hawk HB194B-570.... this is the correct PN for the HPS 5.0 pads. (Red box)

·
Registered
289 Posts
I ordered EBC red stuff for my GT.. havent installed them yet but im sure they will be better than factory (squeaking wise)

·
Registered
152 Posts
I decided to give Power Stop Z26 pads a try.... I've used their brake kits before in other cars so there's a bit of confidence with their products. Also, these pads in particular are popular with Corvettes, chargers, hellcats, mustangs, etc. which fall in similar hp/weight category as the GT. It'll be interesting to see how they behave with the GT but I use the car only as a DD so I figured it can't hurt to experiment.

1586126322247.png 1586126340670.png

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I decided to give Power Stop Z26 pads a try.... I've used their brake kits before in other cars so there's a bit of confidence with their production. Also, these pads in particular are popular with Corvettes, chargers, hellcats, mustangs, etc. which fall in similar hp/weight category as the GT. It'll be interesting to see how they behave with the GT but I use the car only as a DD so I figured it can't hurt to experiment.

View attachment 130530 View attachment 130531
What's the price of these 'puppies,' so we can make a fair comparison...

·
Registered
152 Posts
What's the price of these 'puppies,' so we can make a fair comparison...
Under $60 per axle. Cheap enough to experiment lol.

I cross-referenced above PNs using known Hawk/EBC part numbers for the GT. I won't have a chance to install them for a bit but they look the right size. No slot for wear sensor if anyone cares for it. I plan to just tie back the connector.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yeah, direct search won't work. I think many of the websites just have a limited catalog with not enough cross references (especially for relatively low volume European makes). Anyways, I narrowed down the pads based on cars that supposedly use the same pads as the GT.

Lexus IS F - Front
Tesla Model S - Rear

I'll know for sure when I get around to installing it but so far these pads look the same as pads that are known to fit on our cars. I'll take some measurements later today to see how they match up with the attached Hawk Pads

Attachments

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Under $60 per axle. Cheap enough to experiment lol.

I cross-referenced above PNs using known Hawk/EBC part numbers for the GT. I won't have a chance to install them for a bit but they look the right size. No slot for wear sensor if anyone cares for it. I plan to just tie back the connector.
Definitely a good price, hope they 'pan out.' I tied back my sensors too, its a good move ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts