Maserati Forum banner

Brake job for 2014 GTS Convertible

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Catmanv2 
#1 ·
Local dealer wants $2,700 for front only. Knew this car was a money pit, but does this seem right?

#3 ·
Please run away as fast as you can from the local dealer ( that is, if there is an independent shop within a reasonable driving distance from where you are ..) And it doesn’t have to be a Maserati / Ferrari specially shop for this particular job because replacing brakes on our cars is so simple, any reputable auto repair place should be able to do that for probably half the labor cost of what the dealer wants, although the price of parts will be very close .. Also don’t need the OE pads, aftermarket ones ( from EBC , just as one example ) are usually not just better all around, but much less expensive . The same with rotors / discs if and when you need to change those .

#4 ·
keydet19 , labor and etc is going to depend on your location and shops like jason and DSGT stated,
but for your reference 3 weeks ago I was able to buy online ALL OEM NEW 4 Maserati branded rotors and the 4 pair of oem brembo pads with sensors and 4/8 new brake pad pin/clips (so all new everything for 4 corners) for a total of 1440$ shipped so that should give you an idea of how much the rotors/pads are retail.

#11 ·
The price will vary a lot with what work is actually being done. When you add pads, rotors, hardware etc etc it can add up if you are using OEM parts. The estimate does not seem unreasonable to me, but yes there are always cheaper ways if you order your own parts and get a good independent shop.

#20 ·
I'm needing to replace my rotors (F/R) for my 2013 Maserati Gran Turismo MC. I've identified product from bentleypartsusa (spoke to them and they import authentic Brembo parts although they only sell the maserati parts via EBay) and Formula Dynamics. FD claims their parts are top of the line and I am leaning toward them. Anyone have any experience with rotors from either of these companies (ease of ordering, quality of shipping, quality of product, longevity, etc)? Your input is greatly appreciated. This will be the first time changing my rotors for this car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.