Maserati Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Maserati Granturismo S
43 Posts
If anyone is curious, here is an idea of what it costs in Canada with OEM parts n labor at a Indy shop.

View attachment 136215
If my wife ever finds this forum and reads posts like these . In the immortal words from Talladega Nights, ‘She is going to sh!t a chicken’ !!!!
How the heck can I defend against the $5k refrigerator request now ??? 😳😭 it’s less than a darn set of pads and rotors .... 🥺

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
How do you think we have ‘free’ healthcare in Canada? Tax alone on Sakyubasu’s quote is enough to pay a team of doctors for a decent surgery in Canada - maybe get a bandage or an Aspirin in US?! 😂😂
That's a strong maybe, too! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: IamStig01

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
If my wife ever finds this forum and reads posts like these . In the immortal words from Talladega Nights, ‘She is going to sh!t a chicken’ !!!!
How the heck can I defend against the $5k refrigerator request now ??? 😳😭 it’s less than a darn set of pads and rotors .... 🥺
Make sure she only sees my post, about the brake cost....LOL

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
3,065 Posts
Amen to that !!

Just too funny how some of us men think .. why spend $ 5 K on a refrigerator when our 25 year old Sears fridge keeps food cold enough, and doesn’t need a screen with a digital photo album, or AI telling you what you need to restock inside of it, or notes / reminders features , or , the 20 year old washers and dryers still function perfectly and don’t need all those digital settings on them. but hey, getting a big brake set for the Maserati ...or some carbon fiber steering wheel upgrade , etc, well, that’s a necessity dammit !! :ROFLMAO::p

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
You can do what I did; sold two old Rolex’s that I haven’t worn in many years Bobswatches.com on the internet, I told her,”That’s a push”, she bought it.

·
Registered
2012 GTC Nero/Sabbia
356 Posts
Amen to that !!

Just too funny how some of us men think .. why spend $ 5 K on a refrigerator when our 25 year old Sears fridge keeps food cold enough, and doesn’t need a screen with a digital photo album, or AI telling you what you need to restock inside of it, or notes / reminders features , or , the 20 year old washers and dryers still function perfectly and don’t need all those digital settings on them. but hey, getting a big brake set for the Maserati ...or some carbon fiber steering wheel upgrade , etc, well, that’s a necessity dammit !! :ROFLMAO::p
In a case like this I go for a walkabout with my wife first to the walk in closet and point at the shoes and purses then we proceed into the 'cosmetics' warehouse aka the ensuite. She has shoes and purses, I have my wine and watches, as far as I am concerned Maserati is a common household good anyone can use - then I wake up and say yes dear that makes sense as always and expanse the shit though one of the companies.... everyone wins! (y)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello. I'm surprised to hear most people on here have life left in their rotors at 40k. I bought a 2011 GT with 15k miles on it and the rotors were wore down past minimum causing me to replace them. I since had an unfortunate accident leaving me to shop around for a new GT. I looked at 6 total in the 20k-26k mile range and all needed new rotors as well including the 2013 I ended up purchasing. I just figured it's a GT thing and they wear out quick. I purchased a full kit of rotors, pads and sensors from Alpine Performance for $1400 and paid for labor at Brakes Plus. All was complete for under $2000. I agree that Brembo pads are super easy and I also recommend DIY. I wasn't confident in a rotor change though which is why I sucked it up and paid the labor.
Hi, I'm considering the Alpine Performance rotors and pads for my 2012 GT Conv. Sport. Now that you've had them for a while, how many miles have you put and would you recommend them? Thanks

41 - 47 of 47 Posts