Maserati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
How did you determine that they needed replacing? People must drive hard in your area!

C
I measured the rotors. Minimum 30mm front, 26mm rear. They all have a noticeable lip around the edge as well. 1 in Colorado, 1 in Arizona, 6 in Houston. Admittedly, I only measured 2 in Houston because the other 4 had other flaws which dissuaded me from purchasing, but the prominent lip was still present. What I was trying to say is that it wouldn't be ridiculous to think that sdscardino might need a full brake job because I've seen it needed on several GT's with less miles. But definitely do not pay the outrageous dealer service prices.

·
Super Moderator
4,764 Posts
Well I never argue with hard evidence, but wow!

C

·
Registered
452 Posts
Whats the best rotors out there for GT.. apart from factory rotors which im sure are outrageous in price

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm at 30k miles and I think it's time for me as well, as the fronts have a 3-4mm "lip" outside the pad area.

Looking for rotor advice as well.

·
Registered
258 Posts
For rotors, Formula Dynamics, Alpine Performance, or Scuderia all seem to be solid, reputable places.

·
Registered
5 Posts

I've had to buy this twice. Great kit.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
I just finished installing the FD big brake kit. For the difference in price between some other quality set of rotors and pads, I said “What the hell” and they throw in SS brake lines and Motul brake fluid. Their bedding process was a hoot; hard brake from 30 to 5 twice then from 40,50,60,70,80 and do it again if you want (At 74 I shouldn’t be doing this).

Now the sucker stops, no noticeable brake dust and they look good. Some pics:

7ED75B9C-96D2-4285-A6EA-5B8AB9D3FC5F.jpeg
8D6A5A00-BC31-4906-95DA-CB9F388AA065.jpeg
BDC4602B-D3F9-4618-A58A-3DBF054D9DB3.jpeg

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I just finished installing the FD big brake kit. For the difference in price between some other quality set of rotors and pads, I said “What the hell” and they throw in SS brake lines and Motul brake fluid. Their bedding process was a hoot; hard brake from 30 to 5 twice then from 40,50,60,70,80 and do it again if you want (At 74 I shouldn’t be doing this).

View attachment 136143 View attachment 136144 View attachment 136145
EXCELLENT

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Would love to just have the rotors only!

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Would love to just have the rotors only!
Jeff, says when the rotors go you only need to replace the disc, the hats stay. I didn’t ask how much the discs were.

Reactions: timado404

·
Registered
2010 Maserati Granturismo S
43 Posts

View attachment 136143 View attachment 136144 View attachment 136145
Very pretty!!! Definitely be looking at those when I finally need to do brakes - thanks for posting !

·
Registered
120 Posts
Cynabar,
Sounds like at 74 your just enjoying life, Keep up the good work!!!!!
We are only as young as we feel...

·
Registered
2008 Maserati Granturismo 4.2
38 Posts
If anyone is curious, here is an idea of what it costs in Canada with OEM parts n labor at a Indy shop.

·
Registered
2008 Maserati Granturismo 4.2
38 Posts
Is the 08 4.2 GT 6 piston up front n 4 piston on back? I was looking at getting these EBC red stuff breaks and they show proper fitment according to the product numbers.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I spent $210 for the front and rear pads last time I did my brakes, so I'll pass... :p

·
Registered
2012 GTC Nero/Sabbia
356 Posts
I spent $210 for the front and rear pads last time I did my brakes, so I'll pass... :p
How do you think we have ‘free’ healthcare in Canada? Tax alone on Sakyubasu’s quote is enough to pay a team of doctors for a decent surgery in Canada - maybe get a bandage or an Aspirin in US?! 😂😂

21 - 40 of 47 Posts