Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I wan to do a brake flush and using the guide, it mentions that I should connect to the SD3 diagnostic tester (I assume Maserati's computer.)

2 questions

1) Does the computer do anything during the flush? Or is it just a guide?
-> assuming it does 'do something' - I have a Foxwell NT650 that did the trick for maintenance reset, will this work or any other machine?

2) I'm used to working from the farthest from the driver first. (So rear passenger side first, rear driver-side second, passenger side third, driver side last) - any reason why it says from serial number 24275 on - it should be (rear driver side first, front driver side second, front passenger-side third, rear passenger side last)

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone may have.

Best wishes.

Attachments

3,462 Posts
Do you want to do this the easy way? Place a bowl under each the four calipers and open the bleeder screws...Make sure you don't run the reservoir dry and let about 2-3 pints cycle through.. When done wash all the calipers off with a water hose..Gravity bleeding...The air can't get in as the fluid is running out...Simple and effective...Jason

·
Registered
555 Posts
you only really need a tester to activate the ABS module bleeding, usually only in case of replacement of the abs unit or if you run it dry and can't pressure the air out.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you want to do this the easy way? Place a bowl under each the four calipers and open the bleeder screws...Make sure you don't run the reservoir dry and let about 2-3 pints cycle through.. When done wash all the calipers off with a water hose..Gravity bleeding...The air can't get in as the fluid is running out...Simple and effective...Jason
Thanks @[email protected] Enzo`s Atlanta for your always awesome help. I'm thinking I'll just buy one of those off the shelf pressure systems and do it that way, slow I know.

Appreciate the info.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you only really need a tester to activate the ABS module bleeding, usually only in case of replacement of the abs unit or if you run it dry and can't pressure the air out.
Thanks @sc00b for the info, makes sense. Appreciate you taking the time to respond.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts