Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'd like to know if anyone has upgraded their brake discs and pads. These items on my 2002 CC are going to be replaced at the next service in 6-8 weeks time, so I wondered if I should stick with the stock items or whether there is a worthwhile upgrade?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well I see nobody has responded yet, so I figure I will, but I have to warn you that my experience comes from upgrading the brakes on just about every other vehicle besides a Maserati. I don't know if maserati uses fantastis pads from the factory, I asume they do, but I am not sure, but if you want a more racey compound as all brake compounds have inherant tradeoffs there are three types of pads that I love for agressive street, and light track use. I have used them all, on various cars, and each of them is equally good.

The brands are

Axxis - I perfer their "ultimates"
Hawk - Their HPS series is equally good
Carbotech - These guys make crazy good brake pads, a bit pricey, but I would bet that they are not pricey compared to OEM Maserati ;). These guys have all sorts of crazy fantastic formulas, and if none of the other brands make pads for your car, this company will actually take the metal blanks of your old pads, and put on their friction compound of your choice onto it. Fricken awesome.

Also, bleed your brakes, use good fluid, we had that discussion recently.

I asume Maserati uses braided stainless steel brake lines, but I am sure sombody knows the for sure answer to this for sure.

Remember, this is general car knowledge, not Maserati specific, so take it, and go do your research to make sure it will actually benifit your application :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
maserati of minneapolis said:
I noticed Leo Nardo also has some upgrade kits, including stainless lines, which Kevin may be able to help you with.

- Mark
We do but it's overpriced

To any owners wanting to switch pads & rotors:

Feel free to e-mail me l and I'll sell you some nice Axis, EBC, Hawk, Project Mu, or any other brand and it'll cost $200-300 for both axles. OEM pads are VERY expensive. As far as rotors, I don't know of any good aftermarket ones at the moment that are reasonable in price but if I find any I will let you guys know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.