Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just traded in my 06 Range Rover and Saleen S281 in for a O7 QP Sport GT - Black on Black. I'm super happy with the car and is my daily driver. Here are my questions:

1) I want Tubi exhaust. I love to roll down my windows and hear the exhaust along with make more of a statement driving. They have 2 Tubi exhaust models - normal and loud. I think most have the normal correct? Any suggestions?

2) I need new back tires. I was going to go to a biger tire. Its 285 now and wanted to go w/ a 305. Will that fit on the rim w/o looking bad or bulging sidewall? I normally go up 20 on each car I have had and it works out good.

3) Anything else that you suggest? I want to keep the warranty but would like to get as much HP as I can out of the car. Tubi will help, maybe K&N?

The only problem I've had w/ the car is while burning out w/ the car when it catches it throw's the belt. Happened 2 times, replaced the belt 1 time, other time just put it back on. Not sure if this is common or not. Can't really tell the dealership "Warranty issue, smoking tires and pops belt off".

Thank you,
Chris

·
Registered
793 Posts
---2) I need new back tires. I was going to go to a biger tire. Its 285 now and wanted to go w/ a 305. Will that fit on the rim w/o looking bad or bulging sidewall?
Don't guess. Try this first: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Then see what tires are available in that size. Check suggested rim widths for that specific tire and then compare to your OEM rim.

You have to take offsets into consideration. Possibly need a more positive offset which could be achieved with a slight spacer.

Your rim width will dictate if the OEM rims can be reused.

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site... we make a full line of products for the QP including:

Quattroporte
o Drive By Wire Enhancement Module - Strong increase in Throttle Response, Clutch Engagement and Power Delivery.
o Performance ECM - Add approx. +30hp, 2 programs,
o Skyhook Sport Springs - Lowers car safely, reduces body roll in corners
o Wheels - Varies on Style, save weight, new look
o Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines – Increases braking power
o Performance Track Brake Pads
o Performance Street Pads - Upgraded stopping Power, excellent value
o Mufflers and X-pipe (Larini) - Unleash that true Italian Ferrari V8 tone that only Larini can provide.
o Sport Catalytic convertors - More HP and exhaust volume

Feel free to give me a call to discuss, we specialize in these cars and know them very well. We also have plenty of reviews and customer referrals.

If you're looking for exhaust, I would strongly consider the Group Buy we have running right now on Larini exhaust, big discounts and it closes on Monday July 7th.

We can sell Tubi as well however Larini is our brand of choice much more full sound, much better pricing and the build quality is unmatched.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. I will call you on Monday to discuss options. Allot of those sound great. Lanari does sound good. Can you hear Lanari from driving w/ windows down? I want something louder and more pronounced, expecially w/ driving w/ the windows down. I have a Sport so i already have a sport X pipe.

What is the price on the group buy of the Lanari?

I kind of like the stock wheels. I was thinking what about getting 305/30/20 tires on the rear and getting spacers for the rear tires to make it more level w/ the end of the car. What do you think about that?

Can anyone else help with my other questions and opinons on my main post?

Thanks for all your help so far!

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
Yes you can hear the Larini with the windows down. Though, it's not an overly loud exhaust system either, unless you get the RPM's up. They you can clearly hear it.

Wheel Spacers are an option, they do make the car look better IMO. The Stock wheel configuration has them tucked in quite a bit.

Fitting larger tires in is possible. It all depends on the shape and size of the tires you choose. Tires are different from brand to brand even if they are the same size. It's just trial and error to see what fits well.

We're here... just give us a call

-- Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts