Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have been doing some searching here and it seems quite a few have done some audio upgrades but there are a few bits I am missing.

1. What are the Bose speakers rated for RMS and Ohm?
2. Has anyone replaced the sub on the rear deck factory location? How much depth do I have?

I have a an Audison APF8.9 amplifier and Focal ES165K2s on the way, but am trying to figure out the sub.

I want to pull the rear deck and cover it in Stinger Roadkill Ultimate to deaden the whole thing, maybe even do some on the gas tank as I understand that is exposed.

I’d like to simply put a new sub in the factory location but am having trouble sourcing information about what might fit there or any dimensions. Only thing I have found was a ship in the UK that put a Hertz Slimline in there.

Anyone have any feedback or info they can share would be much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Make sure and update the head unit. By just doing that the Bose speakers sound amazing. Night and day difference. Personally I won't change the Bose out due to new sound quality. Crisper highs and deeper lows.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I am wanting to do the AuCar. I’ve sent you an email on that :)

Any update on when they will be back in the office?

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Yea I am wanting to do the AuCar. I’ve sent you an email on that :)

Any update on when they will be back in the office?

I did message them last night but no response, Sounds like things are really bad over there with the coronavirus. Everyone is stuck in their homes. I will keep trying. Usually I get instant responses but they have not even seen my message.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
O man scary stuff! Used to go to Shenzhen all the time for work, I can’t imagine what everyone is feeling over there!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey guys I have been doing some searching here and it seems quite a few have done some audio upgrades but there are a few bits I am missing.

1. What are the Bose speakers rated for RMS and Ohm?
2. Has anyone replaced the sub on the rear deck factory location? How much depth do I have?

I have a an Audison APF8.9 amplifier and Focal ES165K2s on the way, but am trying to figure out the sub.

I want to pull the rear deck and cover it in Stinger Roadkill Ultimate to deaden the whole thing, maybe even do some on the gas tank as I understand that is exposed.

I’d like to simply put a new sub in the factory location but am having trouble sourcing information about what might fit there or any dimensions. Only thing I have found was a ship in the UK that put a Hertz Slimline in there.

Anyone have any feedback or info they can share would be much appreciated!

Please see the attached - hope it helps

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
You've got next to nothing when it comes to space between the rear parcel shelf and the gas tank. I'm looking at doing the same thing, so I stripped out the trunk panels and took some pictures. You've got the tank, plus some fuel lines and other devices to deal with in there.

I bought a used rear deck cover with the thought of removing the grill and building upwards vs. down, but I don't want a volcano looking object on the rear deck. I might just go for the corner trunk mounted sub box instead.

Mark

·
Registered
128 Posts
You've got next to nothing when it comes to space between the rear parcel shelf and the gas tank. I'm looking at doing the same thing, so I stripped out the trunk panels and took some pictures. You've got the tank, plus some fuel lines and other devices to deal with in there.

View attachment 129764

View attachment 129765

View attachment 129766

I bought a used rear deck cover with the thought of removing the grill and building upwards vs. down, but I don't want a volcano looking object on the rear deck. I might just go for the corner trunk mounted sub box instead.

Mark
Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts