Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have been doing some searching here and it seems quite a few have done some audio upgrades but there are a few bits I am missing.

1. What are the Bose speakers rated for RMS and Ohm?
2. Has anyone replaced the sub on the rear deck factory location? How much depth do I have?

I have a an Audison APF8.9 amplifier and Focal ES165K2s on the way, but am trying to figure out the sub.

I want to pull the rear deck and cover it in Stinger Roadkill Ultimate to deaden the whole thing, maybe even do some on the gas tank as I understand that is exposed.

I’d like to simply put a new sub in the factory location but am having trouble sourcing information about what might fit there or any dimensions. Only thing I have found was a ship in the UK that put a Hertz Slimline in there.

Anyone have any feedback or info they can share would be much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
433 Posts
Make sure and update the head unit. By just doing that the Bose speakers sound amazing. Night and day difference. Personally I won't change the Bose out due to new sound quality. Crisper highs and deeper lows.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I am wanting to do the AuCar. I’ve sent you an email on that :)

Any update on when they will be back in the office?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yea I am wanting to do the AuCar. I’ve sent you an email on that :)

Any update on when they will be back in the office?

I did message them last night but no response, Sounds like things are really bad over there with the coronavirus. Everyone is stuck in their homes. I will keep trying. Usually I get instant responses but they have not even seen my message.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was in touch with them until 2 days ago where they suddenly went all silent! I hope they are okay!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
O man scary stuff! Used to go to Shenzhen all the time for work, I can’t imagine what everyone is feeling over there!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey guys I have been doing some searching here and it seems quite a few have done some audio upgrades but there are a few bits I am missing.

1. What are the Bose speakers rated for RMS and Ohm?
2. Has anyone replaced the sub on the rear deck factory location? How much depth do I have?

I have a an Audison APF8.9 amplifier and Focal ES165K2s on the way, but am trying to figure out the sub.

I want to pull the rear deck and cover it in Stinger Roadkill Ultimate to deaden the whole thing, maybe even do some on the gas tank as I understand that is exposed.

I’d like to simply put a new sub in the factory location but am having trouble sourcing information about what might fit there or any dimensions. Only thing I have found was a ship in the UK that put a Hertz Slimline in there.

Anyone have any feedback or info they can share would be much appreciated!

Please see the attached - hope it helps

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
You've got next to nothing when it comes to space between the rear parcel shelf and the gas tank. I'm looking at doing the same thing, so I stripped out the trunk panels and took some pictures. You've got the tank, plus some fuel lines and other devices to deal with in there.

I bought a used rear deck cover with the thought of removing the grill and building upwards vs. down, but I don't want a volcano looking object on the rear deck. I might just go for the corner trunk mounted sub box instead.

Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts