Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have tried to get the bluetooth to activate to pair my phone but I have no clue. it keeps searching for paired phones but does not allow me to pair a new phone for 09 QP.:hissyfit: Any suggestions??

·
Registered
237 Posts
i have tried to get the bluetooth to activate to pair my phone but I have no clue. it keeps searching for paired phones but does not allow me to pair a new phone for 09 QP.:hissyfit: Any suggestions??
Recently discovered the CoolStream CarPro bluetooth adapter, similar to the Bovee Viseeo tune2air, works well with the 2009 Bose Infotainment factory installed in the Quattroporte. Just plug and play with the 30pin iPod cable in the glove box. Pairs with Android too, but display will only work with Apple devices. Does not need a charging adapter.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Bandit23,
Way to go with the adaptor! It appears they make them in white or black and are relatively small - and a $30 price point to boot.

Amazon also carries them with free 2 day shipping for prime members.
Amazon.com: Aluratek AIS01F I-Stream DockFree Bluetooth Audio Receiver with RCA Cables Included - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Here is another BT audio option by a company named Kshioe -
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B019BR0QMY?psc=1
Quote from product info: When the device is out of the receiving range, it will disconnect, once the device back into the valid range, it will connect back to the last paired equipment automatically.

The only downside I see so far is that I would have to give up my USB port so that the lithium ion battery could stay charged. Battery life is advertised at 12 hours.

Nice job!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Chiapet,

You won't need the USB port if you are streaming music extra, I have to admit the sound has been really brilliant via the Bluetooth Streamer.
Exactly it is a great price & I love my music

coming from an AMG MB background these some of the niceties you enjoy as standard, and the display of the music on the dash helps too.

But Maserati is different and I enjoy the ol skool nature of this :)

PS- I have the black adaptor.

·
Registered
60 Posts
So I have tried out the Kshioe model and here is the lowdown...

Battery Life - excellent. I just completed a trip to Charlotte and back from Jacksonville wit no issues regarding battery.

USB power - You can power the device while in use

Ease of Pairing - pretty basic & no issues.

Reconnecting - The device auto reconnects to the paired device after can shutdown and even the next day or two.

Volume - Ehhhh, not so good. I am having to max out the volume on my iPhone 6S Plus and raise the volume on the stereo to the max. Still the volume is low.

Today I just received the Aluratek, so I will post back after I have a chance to run it through the same paces.

·
Registered
60 Posts
For those wanting to get the highest quality audio while maintaining no cables connected to your device:

I am trying out the Veetop Audiocast. It looks very similar to the Google Chromecast Audio and runs about $40. The key on this item is that it generates its own ad hoc wifi network which also has it's own wifi security. Due to using wifi vs. Bluetooth the audio quality is higher.

Here is link on Bluetooth vs. Wifi for audio:
Wi-Fi vs Bluetooth for streaming music

I am still testing the device out and will report back after I get some time with it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Update on the Veetop testing:
It was not easy to setup, required an app to be installed on the phone, volume was low and most of all would not work properly outside of my home wifi range. I might have been able to get around the connectivity issue with a static IP address however with the other issues did not bother with the time. The fidelity was definitely better than bluetooth.

Yet a fourth device to try.
The Sabrent wifi receiver is the way to go for the highest fidelity as it leverages wifi. It creates it own ad-hoc wifi network and when assigned to a static IP address it works pretty flawlessly. My mobile device auto reconnects to it and I am able to select it just like any air play device. Price point is about $30 ($10 under the Veetop).

As a side note - I did have 1 situation so far where I had to unplug the Sabrent from the USB port to recycle it. My mobile device was connected to the ad hoc wifi network but the air play option was not displaying. I have tested it most of the weekend and am very happy with the results. When the car is in Aux mode, you can hear a light chime through the system when it is ready to go, which is pretty fast. Within the settings you can establish a wifi password which is nice. I would like to be able to rename the wifi network but have not dug in too deep to find an answer.

So, after testing 4 units (2 bluetooth, 2 wifi) - Veetop is the winner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts