Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Trunk unlocked

I cannot help you with the sensor location but I do sympathize. My trunk open indicator comes on fairly often. Just lately though it seems that it's my big old fingers that hit the ignition key wrong. :confused:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
boot light

I cannot help you with the sensor location but I do sympathize. My trunk open indicator comes on fairly often. Just lately though it seems that it's my big old fingers that hit the ignition key wrong. :confused:

Going to have a good old root around the lock mechanism tomorrow, can only be one of a couple of places, so will post my findings when I have diagnosed the problem.

Can only be very simple I reckon.

·
Registered
635 Posts
My trunk light would also come on, usually after hitting a bump. In my case, it actually would come unlatched! I took it to the dealer, where they told me some of the 2002 models had a bad latch. They replaced it under warranty, and I've never had a problem since.

·
Registered
21 Posts
the boot light

hi
the pin swtich for the boot light is located in the boot catch.
it is only clips and 4 bolts and the catch is off very easy to adjust the tiny little swtich and the light will be out
i hope this helps
anthony

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi
the pin swtich for the boot light is located in the boot catch.
it is only clips and 4 bolts and the catch is off very easy to adjust the tiny little swtich and the light will be out
i hope this helps
anthony
Hi Anthony

Funnily enough I'm just back in from having a fiddle. Had the boot lock out, saw the microswitch and checked it was working ok.

Put it back together and worked out that it was the cable that actuates the boot lock being too tight.

Basically this cable should be very slack, i.e you back off the lock nut almost to the cable sheath.

This also had the added bonus of allowing me to be able to use the key in the boot lock for the first time ever :rolleyes:

Which is nice...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts