Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently it's 100+ screws to get the door panel apart! 8 freaking hours he said it took him to take it apart!

That must be why it rattles so much...all those screws holding everything together so tightly...wait

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
squid said:
Apparently it's 100+ screws to get the door panel apart! 8 freaking hours he said it took him to take it apart!

That must be why it rattles so much...all those screws holding everything together so tightly...wait
Squid.... What did you have done? That's really weird! My passenger door rattles as well. Sometimes messing with the window (up, down, up) stops it.

Tell us more!

·
Registered
660 Posts
squid said:

You got to be kiddin...

As far as I tell, it's 4 or 5 screws at the bottom, 1 mount screw behind the tweeter, and then it snaps-out (never tried it, though...) What I've used to cure rattles (not 100%, but now it's almost rattle-free, and not only from the doors...) is to use A/C piping insulation. It moulds perfectly, and squeezes to the point it does not protubrate or become noticeable.

You wont believe that some of the noise comes from loose washers! Not that screws are not fastened tight, but they are 1 or 2 mm longer than what they should be. Solution? rather than go to the shop for a shorter screw, use teflon tape to wrap the washer to the screw (in the process creating a small cushion for beading) and remount. Presto!

Go to the Eurospares website and check on the door diagrams. If you can find 100 screws, I give up. Problem is damaging the leather (as the mount uses pressure clips, so you need to use a tool as a lever) and bet the guy at the bodyshop got scared to death.

Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Rattling on passenger side (door, seats or glovebox) driving me crazy.
Dealer took of door panel and tightened eveything, still rattles. Why no rattle on driver side? ('05 CC Spyder) Poor quality on assembly, IMO.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats just what the body shop said...

I'm having the door sanded and repainted after getting egged on Christmas. He said it was like 8 man-hours to get the door apart and that it was just not economically viable to do anything on that car. hahaha

The dealer said the rattle on my passenger door was the window motor bouncing around; I think they're right, since it only happens when the window is down.

·
Registered
240 Posts
if you had the spyder or any convertible this wouldnt even phase you. A rag top cracks and rattles all day. I would pissed off in your case as well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts