Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know a good body shop in Austin? My QP got hit Friday night, nothing major, but dented rear bumper, passenger quarter panel and rear light. Also anyone have any experience with diminished value after an accident. Clean carfax on my car until this, now i know it wont be worth as much.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Any one know a good body shop in Austin? My QP got hit Friday night, nothing major, but dented rear bumper, passenger quarter panel and rear light. Also anyone have any experience with diminished value after an accident. Clean carfax on my car until this, now i know it wont be worth as much.
I don't think a bumper crash will show up on CarFax. I think it has to be reported to the DOT or have an accident report to get on the records. I use Berli's in Round Rock, they are the best. Period.

Berli's is the finest certified auto body and collision repair of BMW, Mercedes Benz, Lexus, Land Rover, Viper, and Prowler in Austin, Texas.

I have USAA insurance and I got a small check once for my Escalade. It was automatic. Don't know about other insurance companies.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I'm not familiar with the network in Austin, however my colleague Joe @ ATX Autosport may also be able to assist in locating a solid local body shop source.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Insurance adjuster came out today and after about 45 minutes decided he couldn't give me an estimate, and that I would have to take it into the shop and he would look over their estimate..... Appointment next monday @ Berli's

Thanks for the advice on shops.

They are paying for a luxury car at enterprise, probably a lincoln :( Hope i can get my QP back by the end of the year.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Insurance adjuster came out today and after about 45 minutes decided he couldn't give me an estimate, and that I would have to take it into the shop and he would look over their estimate..... Appointment next monday @ Berli's

Thanks for the advice on shops.

They are paying for a luxury car at enterprise, probably a lincoln :( Hope i can get my QP back by the end of the year.
Good luck, they do great work. Tried several in Austin, they were by far the best.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
When is a Lincoln considered a luxury car?? :) better than the Nissan Versa POS I got when my previous Honda S2000 got hail damage

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
If you're going through your insurance company it will show up on your car VIN check. Yes it will take away from the value of the vehicle, especially a Maserati. It could be ever so slight but when people see the payout regardless if you view that as being a "slight" damage incident they will follow the numbers. Just a heads up since you asked. Anytime it's reported to the insurance they have to justify the payout against the vehicle they are appraising.

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The adjuster let me know he also thinks Berli's is the best shop in Austin, so I am very thankful for the advice.

I have a local appraiser working on the diminished value, and his estimate is between 15-20%, just have to see how hard i have to push the insurance company to get that much. I told the adjuster I wanted to file the claim, and he was a little surprised. He said that if people don't ask they don't even mention it, but we would start the process once the repair is completed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts