Maserati Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
while you are at it, Maserati also has the wheel center caps with a red (as appoosed to the standard black) trident. I was able to have the dealer swap mine out from black to red at no cost when buying. IMHO, goes well with the red calipes and red line trident badges on the rest of the car (Nero)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Alfa, thanks for the tip but I upgraded my rims to the iForged and the center cap is of a different size, I will ask iForged if they do a Trident centercap.

...maaaan I can't wait to see how the calipers will look through my shiny iForged rims when done...

:)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Ali, here is a picture of my car with the iForged rims:

I also have this video where you can also see it:

http://www.carandgarage.com/watch.php?v_id=1061

Right now my car is at the shop having a nose job done ...too many chips and it was about time I sent it. I'm also lowering it another 5 turns on each wheel and sent the front grille to a chrome shop to look like the LeoNardo and with the red calipers my baby will look HOT!!! I'll bring ya some pictures when I'm done ;)

BTW, the BMW in the video is my son's... a blown up supercharged 325i with CF body parts everywhere. The beast is ultra light and boosts about ~500 horses.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Paco, amigo... un polvo..! ;)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Ed, not one... two!!!
...looks fantastic ...I can't stop looking at it

If you lowered your car the way I did mine I strongly reccomend you go the five extra turns on each side to make it 25 at the front and 20 at the rear

·
Registered
217 Posts
Love the way the red looks. I'm assuming the Maserati emblem is a decal that the dealer was able to order. It looks OEM. How much did the stealership charge you if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
339 Posts
correct me if i m wrong, but the yellow calipers on porsches were used to signify their PCCB system. so these 'racier' porsches don't choose yellow calipers because they opt for yellow, they got yellow because they got carbon ceramic brakes.

why would anyone follow a porsche's style, when you don't even have ceramic brakes? that is not a reason to get yellow calipers.

if he likes yellow because it looks good, go for it.
but don't choose yellow because 'racier' porsches now opt for yellow.
It was the first year the carbon brakes came out. Now I don't know what decides the color for porsche. Our 2007 997 GT3-CUP had red calipers, our 2008 had yellow ones, carbon brakes are illegal in Grand Am racing. For street cars I believe red is the default but can be requested yellow.

On the Superleggera, I as both red and yellow calipers with the carbon brakes too.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.