Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... the stealership here has painted the calipers on a couple of cars and the finish looks fantastic and I'm now thinking in painting mine but can't make my mind on which color to go ...yellow??? ...red??? ...silver???

Please help me make y mind... which color would you go???

·
Registered
695 Posts
What color the interior? Can it be co-ordinated?

Otherwise go with red - matches the engine valve covers.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interior is ivorio.

To tell you the truth my mind has been eqaully split up between red and yellow. Good point on the color of the valve covers ...red is now taking an edge, thanks for your input.

We'll hear what others have to say... hey... anybody out there with a nero body and yellow or red calipers that can post a picture for us??

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
if you can't decide, do Red on the Right side, and yellow and the left side. :p

·
Registered
431 Posts
YELLOW! for a black car in my opinion. Some of the racier Porsches now opt for yellow.

Red is also nice but looks better on Silver cars.

I have silver but would prefer Red. DIY job is too risky to mess up and dealer would charge too much and probably recommend full brakes overhall.

I am now trying to drive so fast that my cars calipers colour Redshifts from silver to yellow or perhaps red - depending upon which gear I select:D .

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
YELLOW! for a black car in my opinion. Some of the racier Porsches now opt for yellow....

correct me if i m wrong, but the yellow calipers on porsches were used to signify their PCCB system. so these 'racier' porsches don't choose yellow calipers because they opt for yellow, they got yellow because they got carbon ceramic brakes.

why would anyone follow a porsche's style, when you don't even have ceramic brakes? that is not a reason to get yellow calipers.

if he likes yellow because it looks good, go for it.
but don't choose yellow because 'racier' porsches now opt for yellow.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yeah, but they are talking colors like blue and orange and white. I mean black and orange???!!!! Not for me, that's for sure. I don't want to go into a rant about how Masers are better, or whatever, but I honestly don't get some of the recommended color combos on that forum, independent of car brand or model.
Black car, with black chrome wheels, with red calipers - Done. Darth Vader!!!
MikeA

in another parallel universe on the same day, a cayman owner have the similar question.
http://www.caymanclub.net/cayman-modifications/22263-orange-yellow-calipers.html

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
that was just an observation of another forum.
why i pointed it out was, they do not recommend yellow so that the guy wouldn't be accused of faking a PCCB system.

while we are on the subject, interestingly, stoptech does not recommend other colors for track use for their calipers:

http://www.stoptech.com/Products/img/StopTechAppGuide060107.pdf
page 12:
"For Track Use: Black is best, red is acceptable. Other caliper colors experience significant color change and are not recommended for track use."

i guess their blue/yellow/silver/gold boils off on track?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
red seems to be taking the lead...!!!
Het Peep... the black Maser on your picture looks awfully familiar... hahahahaha ;)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
...you know why I said it looks awfully familar? the balck Maser on your first picture is my car, I took that picture :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
...you know why I said it looks awfully familar? the balck Maser on your first picture is my car, I took that picture :)
Yeah, I know - you let me use it on Wikipedia. That's why I marked it up so you could see your own calipers in red!

So, you made your decision yet?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Red, no contest.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts