Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They now have full blown Internet in their Idrive system. I have always wanted this capability in a car. Not only that, imagine integrating google maps/earth, with a GPS, you can have a hybrid or satelite view of your navigation. Now thats cool.

maser.. please take some notes! :)

I know we dont' need all that nonsense to drive our Masers, but man its just cool, and I know any gadget geek out there would agree! ;)

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Sounds cool, though perhaps a tad dangerous?

Inviting people to spend more time fiddling with the iDrive than actually holding the wheel/driving?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Think its cool for places with "grid lock traffic" .. yes you los angles, and washington D.C amongst a host of others.. But the cool part is also streaming music from your favorite website. Youtubing your frivilous drive, the possiblities are endless. hell, make skype calls to anyone anywhere in the world!!!!

watch your house from a IP video feed?
VPN to your business, while you go to the beach? I man.. the possiblities are endless..

Download music to a removable storage device..
Watch netflix!!!!,

damn... :D Now imagine all of that in your maser, and then having the ability to turn it all off, and blow yourself out of your own face with our frivilous engine! :D :D <== two for that!!!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
sorry i think that is gimmicky.
it detracts from the driving experience.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
They now have full blown Internet in their Idrive system. I have always wanted this capability in a car. Not only that, imagine integrating google maps/earth, with a GPS, you can have a hybrid or satelite view of your navigation. Now thats cool.

maser.. please take some notes! :)

I know we dont' need all that nonsense to drive our Masers, but man its just cool, and I know any gadget geek out there would agree! ;)
Internet as a source of relevant into linked to your GPS, with voice interaction, perhaps. Internet to put a browser in your car, another distraction that will boost the death tool on highways. Bad.

Anything that takes your eyes or mind off the road is a dangerous idea.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts