Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is my first post here on Maseratilife. In fact, I created this account just to share about my experience I encountered today and wanted to know if you guys know why this happened or if you guys have had similar experiences.
So anyways, today I took my 2019 Levante SQ4 for a drive today. I was driving through the back roads letting that beautiful exhaust open up for a little bit and then when I was coming back into my town to go back home, i was stuck in traffic probably two lights away from my house and a BMW X5 driver behind me was giving me the small di*k gesture (I think). He was pinching his index finger and thumb together for literally like 5 minutes straight. I didn’t even notice he was doing it until I looked in my rear mirror and saw him doing it. I wasn’t sure if he was really doing the gesture or if he was just playing with his hands, so I didn’t react to it or even acknowledge that he was doing it. So I guess I’m wondering if you guys think he was doing the gesture or if he was doing something completely different? Where I live there are tons of exotic cars like Ferrari’s, Lamborghini’s, rolls Royce’s... etc so stuff like this doesn’t happen really ever especially from another luxury car driver (the guy had a new x5 bmw).... anyways guys sorry for the long post, but I’d like to know what y’all think or why you think he did this. Also on a side note, I’m only 22 so I’m not sure if my age had anything to do with it.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Hey guys, this is my first post here on Maseratilife. In fact, I created this account just to share about my experience I encountered today and wanted to know if you guys know why this happened or if you guys have had similar experiences.
So anyways, today I took my 2019 Levante SQ4 for a drive today. I was driving through the back roads letting that beautiful exhaust open up for a little bit and then when I was coming back into my town to go back home, i was stuck in traffic probably two lights away from my house and a BMW X5 driver behind me was giving me the small di*k gesture (I think). He was pinching his index finger and thumb together for literally like 5 minutes straight. I didn’t even notice he was doing it until I looked in my rear mirror and saw him doing it. I wasn’t sure if he was really doing the gesture or if he was just playing with his hands, so I didn’t react to it or even acknowledge that he was doing it. So I guess I’m wondering if you guys think he was doing the gesture or if he was doing something completely different? Where I live there are tons of exotic cars like Ferrari’s, Lamborghini’s, rolls Royce’s... etc so stuff like this doesn’t happen really ever especially from another luxury car driver (the guy had a new x5 bmw).... anyways guys sorry for the long post, but I’d like to know what y’all think or why you think he did this. Also on a side note, I’m only 22 so I’m not sure if my age had anything to do with it.
I personally have no clue what he was meaning if anything???? Good you just ignored though (y)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I personally have no clue what he was meaning if anything???? Good you just ignored though (y)
I mean I guess it’s a thing for people to do if you drive a fancy car they think your penis is small and they do this thing with their hands to signify that. That’s what I thought the guy was doing, but yeah anyways I don’t really care. I kind of take it as a compliment because he thought my car was so cool that it had to have been for “show off” purposes. Anyways, just thought I’d hear some other people’s responses on this. Thanks for responding

3,137 Posts
Dude, you have 52 views of one of the dumbest post I have seen in the last twelve months...This is a Maserati forum for people interested in the cars and their workings...Not your inability to handle everyday social issues that happen to most all of us frequently or have hundreds of times...You are gonna have to work your way past that mean person or get a therapy animal is my best advice...or tell your mom... ;) ..Jason

·
Registered
595 Posts
I mean I guess it’s a thing for people to do if you drive a fancy car they think your penis is small and they do this thing with their hands to signify that. That’s what I thought the guy was doing, but yeah anyways I don’t really care. I kind of take it as a compliment because he thought my car was so cool that it had to have been for “show off” purposes. Anyways, just thought I’d hear some other people’s responses on this. Thanks for responding
I'm not a card carrying member of the 'small p***s club' so i'm lost about the whole ordeal... :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
School of Hard Knocks story #352:

Back in the '90s when I was driving my beautiful QPIII (Black, BBS, stainless exhaust, right outta Miami Vice), I was on my way to school (yes, I drove it to college), when a pickup with 3-4 people crammed into the cab started tailgating me and flicking me off. They were relentless. Tailed me for a solid 5 miles. Then, I did what any 22 year old would do - I brake checked them. Well they lost control, did I don't know how many 360s, then passed me backwards as they slid into the median at 55. They proceeded to go through the median and into oncoming traffic on the northbound side. Cars started sliding everywhere. I drove away and stopped a cop and told him I think I caused an accident and he said nobody was hit and nobody was hurt "just go to school and be careful."

Well, I lucked out. In fact, everyone who I endangered that day lucked out. From that day forward, I have ignored every negative gesture and have never understood any level of road rage. Besides, for every negative remark, there are 100 positives, and thanks to smartphones you can clearly see how many people are admiring your car for the first time, and in the presence of all the admirers, the critics generally sound and look like jealous idiots.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts