Maserati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, we have a 2012 QP and it has bluetooth but it only connects to your phone for calls. I guess I do not get it but that's how it goes. It does have the plugs in the glove box with the Maserati connector with some crazy wide end on it. The plug looks like it has a normal audio and a HDMI of the one end to connect to the car. My question is does anybody know how to get a phone connected so you can use your say amazon music. Is there some kind of bluetooth unit I can connect in the glovebox that will work with your phone for both calls and music. Maybe this is a dumb question if so I apologize in advance. Any help would be apprcted.

Best,
Joe

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
The connector in the glove box is for an old iPod (the silver square one, before the iPod that looked like a phone). You can take an old phone or old iPod with that connector. load it with music and you can select it from the head unit panel. Your regular cell phone can Bluetooth to the car (or vice-versa) to start and receive phone calls, using the steering wheel buttons or the multi-function buttons on the head unit. It's a bit of a kludge, being that it's old technology. Maybe someone on the forum knows of some modern adapter that can help some. But the interface is just not as adaptable and seamless as today's interfaces.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yes the bluetooth is for calls only. In a 2011, 12, & 13 QP5, the square slot in the glove box is a usb port for a memory stick. I just put my music on a memory stick but there is a limit the system will read, 10 gigs I think. I did have to re-label them to show up on the list correctly.
There may be bluetooth adapter options that plug into the aux port but I haven't tried any myself.

·
Registered
2013 GranTurismo C Sport
19 Posts
And I have a naviplus kit for sale that will fit your QP. see my other posts for it. Marc

·
Super Moderator
4,503 Posts
Not finding the other forum. Can you please provide a link?
Thanks.

C

·
Registered
2013 GranTurismo C Sport
19 Posts
Not finding your other posts. Could you please provide a link? Thanks.

Sorry, I was being lazy, I should have just included the link.

Let me know if you are interested. Marc

·
Super Moderator
4,503 Posts
Thought that might have been frowned on - but now i know
Oh we can frown on everyone at SM :)

Thanks for the caution, though. In honesty there's not a lot of crossover between the forums. There are an increasing number of members from the left side of the pond taking a more active role in the UK forum, but there's very little commercial conflict.

C

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Oh we can frown on everyone at SM :)

Thanks for the caution, though. In honesty there's not a lot of crossover between the forums. There are an increasing number of members from the left side of the pond taking a more active role in the UK forum, but there's very little commercial conflict.

C
Why is the Catman Maserless??

·
Premium Member
978 Posts

Sorry, I was being lazy, I should have just included the link.

Let me know if you are interested. Marc
Will what you have fit a 2009 QP5 with the Bose head unit? Does the kit come with instructions for how to remove the head unit from the console?

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Hello, we have a 2012 QP and it has bluetooth but it only connects to your phone for calls. I guess I do not get it but that's how it goes. It does have the plugs in the glove box with the Maserati connector with some crazy wide end on it. The plug looks like it has a normal audio and a HDMI of the one end to connect to the car. My question is does anybody know how to get a phone connected so you can use your say amazon music. Is there some kind of bluetooth unit I can connect in the glovebox that will work with your phone for both calls and music. Maybe this is a dumb question if so I apologize in advance. Any help would be apprcted.

Best,
Joe
The full-bore solutions mentioned below look to be a benefit. I found this in anlther log ago post for what might be a simpler partial solution.
AmazonSmile: CoolStream CarPro Bluetooth Adapter for 2005-2011 Mercedes and Other Luxury Cars Equipped with Factory 30 Pin iPod Media Cable: Car Electronics

·
Super Moderator
4,503 Posts
Why is the Catman Maserless??
The Catman's Maser was over 100k miles and the Catman was asked by his office to do another 300-400 miles per week. So to play the game he passed it on to another forever home. 6 months later the office changed their mind.

I'm not bitter.....

C

·
Registered
2013 GranTurismo C Sport
19 Posts
Will what you have fit a 2009 QP5 with the Bose head unit? Does the kit come with instructions for how to remove the head unit from the console?
I have sold the NaviPlus kit. Not sure if it would have fit the 2009 QP5. You would need to check with NaviPlus.

Thanks for the interest. Marc

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
The Catman's Maser was over 100k miles and the Catman was asked by his office to do another 300-400 miles per week. So to play the game he passed it on to another forever home. 6 months later the office changed their mind.

I'm not bitter.....

C
There are plenty of other good ones out there...

·
Super Moderator
4,503 Posts
Having a Maser for a company car must have been sweet.
Ha! It wasn't really a company car. Over here we can have a car allowance. It's not a tax efficient way of doing it, but they just give you money and you get what you want. The role was changing, and I really didn't want to run the GT into the ground.

Oil burning Jaaaaaag on the drive at the moment. It's like a sofa. A quick sofa, but a sofa nonetheless.

And now I'm not with that company, as soon as one of the other options materialise I suspect a Bentley GT Speed will be in my future. Just to scratch the W12 itch before I go back to my Italian love

C

1 - 19 of 19 Posts