Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

If there is still anyone left in this forum that is looking for a bluetooth solution to your Granturismo factory entertainment system, I believe I have found the best solution, with the least hassle, and the best sound that is available right now.

Originally, I had purchased the factory Maserati USB + 3.5mm AUX Cable + Bovee Bluetooth Unit, but found that the sound coming from this had a 'hiss' when the music was quiet, or wasn't playing. Also, the signal would cut in and out all the time, because the AUX stereo cable would turn, or not be seated tight, so the output was horrible.

I even bought a new (non-official Maserati) USB + 3.5mm to iPod cable, and hooked it to the Bovee unit, and tried to run this setup again, but still the cable wasn't tight in the glove box, and it takes up a lot of space, and it just doesn't make sense to still rock an old gen iPod cable from USB + 3.5mm stereo AUX, to then plug into an adapter to transmit bluetooth.

The best solution, for those looking to have bluetooth, a focus on crystal clear sound, and a very small footprint in their glovebox, should take a look at the Tunai Firefly (link below):

Tunai Firefly
- https://www.amazon.com/Firefly-Bluetooth-Receiver-Smallest-Streaming/dp/B01HDO66NK/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=tunai+firefly&qid=1590601606&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&smid=A3MSDM2P63S2VI&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzMERKRFpHS0RQWUImZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA3OTk4MzgyRzZNWVJMSjBERFlaJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA5MDM0OTIzRkRHQTk0TEJMRDFYJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

The two things I appreciate about this tiny unit, is that the 'hiss' is no longer detectable with music, and the little thing auto-pairs every time you are ready to get in your car, so you NEVER have to mess with it again, it just works.

For those that don't want to look at the phone to skip tracks, take calls, etc. there is even a button they make that is separate, and provides you with most features you would need to touch your phone to handle, but the button can be placed anywhere convenient in your car, to handle skips, calls, mute, etc.

Tunai Button
- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JQ8Q6X6/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07JQ8Q6X6&pd_rd_w=kCvUj&pf_rd_p=48d372c1-f7e1-4b8b-9d02-4bd86f5158c5&pd_rd_wg=BFo6P&pf_rd_r=Z3XT750Y1S1JH17BYYY2&pd_rd_r=b63663f5-4ba7-4d8e-9512-35c87a5cac75&smid=A1DORQKJNB4ZYI&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyS0NQNkZMRzBOTEMzJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMjExMzA2MUk3QzVMNVdYWVBVSiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMzAwOTg5MlA5TEVHVE8zVEZNRSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2RldGFpbCZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

I'm not sure how much the rest of you struggled to find an adequate solution, and don't want to go the route of an entire Android overhaul for your entertainment setup (I don't mind the factory setup, for music), but this little guy is perfect, and has an emphasis on sound quality, so it's a win-win, for those looking to have bluetooth in your factory setup. As an additional note, this thing works perfect in a Mini Cooper as well, and probably BMWs for that matter.

Hope this helps some of you, looking for something better.

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not a Maserati expert, but from what I've gathered from belonging to this forum, and reading various posts, our Granturismo(s) are all programmed in various respects, to where some things work for some, and not for others.

That being said, I can use the 'Source' button to go between Radio / Satellite / AUX, as expected with the factory unit. However, at least in my Granturismo MC, once AUX has been enabled through the configuration menu, then simply plugging in the Tunai Firefly, and having the car detect the source (AUX), the input goes straight to AUX, and your car is ready to play music through your paired device (iPhone in my case, but Android works too).

You can switch between the sources at any time, and once you turn off the car, the last source selected should remain the same. But, initially plugging in the unit, the car should detect the AUX source automatically, and switch to that, upon first use, if you cared to know that.

I hope that answers your question.

·
Registered
420 Posts
The Tunai can't make calls though. There's another unit that has a microphone but since it is inside the closed glovebox I'm not sure if it can pick up your voice.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you have your phone/tablet linked to your Maserati BT, then I think if a call comes in, it goes through your Maserati BT, and microphone/speakers in the car. Anything audio-related (A2DP - Advanced Audio Distribution Profile - Bluetooth) would go through the Tunai. This way they both work, but just not through the same unit. I would think this is better anyway, since your car has the microphones in the headliner to speak with during calls, then switches over to the Firefly for music, once the call ends.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a 7 dollar usb bluetooth adapter from ebay which works fine as well. It only lacks auto pairing, but im fine with this solution. Although i had to buy a few to find a good one :)

·
Registered
2010 GT-S
126 Posts
I like the Tunai Firefly solution - it's small and auto-pairs. However, I've tried 2 of them now and the sound quality is terrible - to the point where I can't listen to music played through it. I am wondering if its the car's fault but not sure what to check. The unit gets power, pairs with my iPhone, and the 1/8 audio plug engages well. Any ideas what the problem could be?

·
Registered
420 Posts
FYI it seems like the USB socket in the glove box is always on - that's why my Bluetooth device does not auto-pair. Since it's always on, after not being connected for a while it goes to standby.

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
895 Posts
I like the Tunai option, but still would like to have a better phone call quality option.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Correction:

I did a test. The USB port in the glove box stops providing power about 10 seconds after you lock the car, and provides power again when you unlock it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts