Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Maserati GranTurismo
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hubby just surprised me with and 08 GranTurismo. We have lots of fun project plans with it, but in the meantime I wanted to listen to my music without having to download to the Jukebox. There's no aux port and the USB is power only. I had a Bluetooth radio transmitter from my other car, but it plugs into the cigarette lighter. I found a lighter outlet in the trunk and plugged the piece I had in there and it works great and I'm streaming my music right over the radio like normal! Just figured I would put this here since all the pages I searched had kits you had to buy and hacks and what not to get music. Since the range is farther away you have to use a good one. Mine was only 31.99 at BestBuy - Bracketron RoadtRIpper SOUND

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Hubby just surprised me with and 08 GranTurismo. We have lots of fun project plans with it, but in the meantime I wanted to listen to my music without having to download to the Jukebox. There's no aux port and the USB is power only. I had a Bluetooth radio transmitter from my other car, but it plugs into the cigarette lighter. I found a lighter outlet in the trunk and plugged the piece I had in there and it works great and I'm streaming my music right over the radio like normal! Just figured I would put this here since all the pages I searched had kits you had to buy and hacks and what not to get music. Since the range is farther away you have to use a good one. Mine was only 31.99 at BestBuy - Bracketron RoadtRIpper SOUND

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
@RatiHottie ; be careful if you park you car for an extended period of time. The 12v in the trunk is not switched and you will drain your battery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
574 Posts
There’s actually a second din slot behind the screen you can add any amp and head unit you want, backup camera, etc. I didn’t even realize this till I took mine all apart.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My 2007 didnt have one, but retrofitted one. Thread is on here somewhere. Im not sure if there was ever an option for usb only, havent seen it anywhere. So I wonder how there can be only usb in the glovebox.
It should be fairly easy to retrofit an usb+aux to the glovebox and lose the horrible fm transmitter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts