Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
awful isn't it? starting from the driver side head light extending to about 2/3 of the quarter panel. anyway to fix/cover it without the involvement of a bodyshop?

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
The scratch looks like it's below the color coat, so may need professional repainting. I can't think of a punishment bad enough for the guilty party and similar people.

·
Registered
128 Posts
D!CK$ PU$$IE$ adn A$$HOLE$

first off.. 9 out of 10 times this shit usually happens to "a$sholes" (an inside job)

second.. it happened to me and i am NOT an "a$shole" (neither are you)
...but i can be a "d!ck" (therefore had be someone random)

it happened to my E55 b/c i guess i parked too close to someone on an overcrowded street in San Fran

so my feelings are that some jealous "pu$$ies" out there responsible for keying a masearti!

sorry this happened
thats messed up.

key vigilante
kn

·
Registered
530 Posts
People with brains small enough to find that amusing should spend the rest of their lives standing in a vat of used engine oil to the depth of their upper lip.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Steeldream said:
People with brains small enough to find that amusing should spend the rest of their lives standing in a vat of used engine oil to the depth of their upper lip.
haha, I am very sorry to hear about this. From the looks of it you will probably have to have the car fixed by a bodyshop.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Awful!

That is what i fear especially here in central-eastern Europe too....

And I'm sorry too for your problem...
Please inform us on further developments ( can they repair it easily and such )

Rgds,

Attila

P.S.: In my opinion those who destoy/ruin some other`s property intentionally should/can not call themselves HUMAN anymore because of their small brain...

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
This is why we all need the security system that James Bond had on his Lotus Esprit...as I recall, when the bad guy touched the car, it exploded...

Better yet, let's get our cars outfitted like these security briefcases:

http://www.eurospyshop.com/80000voltelectricsuitcase_p_321.html

Heck with a simple "loud noise" - I want 'em to FRY!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Awful

Adding my condolences. My worst nightmare besides crashing is the stupidity of others who intentionally do this. It's bad enough to get scratches and dings when its accidental like my other car (Jag X-type) that got a door ding recently while sitting at work. People just dont care. It's sad and frustrating. Take care and get it fixed! -Bob.

·
Registered
333 Posts
haha, very sorry of what happened... you're gonna have to take your baby to the shop.

I'll tell you... if you ever find out who it was you can send him down here, I'll take him fishing and leave him far offshore for you.

·
Registered
133 Posts
That is so sad to see. I can't comprehend who gets enjoyment out of other peoples problems. If I ever catch someone doing that in the act ..... Hope you be able to have it fixed properly and without too much hassle and expenses.

:mad:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ouch... should hang the person who did this! :mad:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nasty... but it happens. I scratched my bootlit (with my wedding ring...). It wasn't a deep scratch like yours seems, but I made it invisible with some good quality wax polish. I was surprised, but after two applications and its was gone.

- K

·
Registered
237 Posts
i am very sorry to see that....that punk should be savaged :mad: .....actually....i think pacosaco means it...he kinda worries me ;)

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PacoSaca said:
...if you ever find out who it was you can send him down here, I'll take him fishing and leave him far offshore for you.
thanks guys.

i've got no enemies and don't recall being an ass lately. I bet some punk did it out of enjoyment. Anyone knows of a quality paint shop in the LA area?

Paco-

I don't know much about fishing but am sure there are good spots out here. Wanna come visit us :) or we could play a round of golf and use the person as tee.

·
Registered
333 Posts
haha said:
thanks guys.

i've got no enemies and don't recall being an ass lately. I bet some punk did it out of enjoyment. Anyone knows of a quality paint shop in the LA area?

Paco-

I don't know much about fishing but am sure there are good spots out here. Wanna come visit us :) or we could play a round of golf and use the person as tee.
Don't worry about enemies or stuff like that, I'm sure it was a pin head with envy enough to fill the Grand Canyon... its sad but it happens.

Sure there are good fishing spots here... but I would not ruin a good spot by loitering on it ;)

Good luck on fixing it and don't worry, its gonna look fine... I'm sure there are good shops there that will leave your baby looking like nothing ever happened.

·
Registered
333 Posts
maseratifan said:
actually....i think pacosaco means it...he kinda worries me ;)
jajajaja... you betcha...!!! ;)
I have a few security guards in my office and they all know that they should approach any "suspect"
walking within reachable distance of my baby.

hey... how you do with Ernesto? I must assume everything was fine, I think your area was one that got the worst from the storm... right??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Paint Shop in LA area

That totally sucks. From my observation, the person that keys a guy's ride is either a young punk, or a pissed off chick. Many years ago, I saw this guy
with a yellow '87 Corvette with the liscense plate "BeinBad" and every panel on the car was severely keyed with choice words like [email protected]#$er. It turns out he hosed the wrong girl.

Since your car is new the paint match will be pretty easy, but most likely they'll need to due the entire panel. The Golden Hammer in W LA is known for their high end work. You can also try this place off of Purdue, one street west of the infamous strip club "4 Play" I don't remember the name of it but he specializes in high end stuff--Ferrari, Bentley, Aston, Lambos. I recommend dropping your car off then heading over to "4Play" to ease the pain:) Give me a call and I can meet you over there!

·
Registered
773 Posts
sad

i have several maserati that get bumped every year. part of ownership. last year my 550 had a nice hole in rear fender, one merak SS has about four major gouges. the most important thing, go foward, dont look back, have fun. run this up to about 5-7000 rpm. what a sound!

·
Registered
237 Posts
PacoSaca said:
jajajaja... you betcha...!!! ;)
I have a few security guards in my office and they all know that they should approach any "suspect"
walking within reachable distance of my baby.

hey... how you do with Ernesto? I must assume everything was fine, I think your area was one that got the worst from the storm... right??
Ernesto was a non-event here, thanks for asking though.
Like your video driving the coupe with the trofeo on the track!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Over 3G

got the damage estimated and the lucky number is $3K...

mvarat posted a thread some time ago and said he was happy with Premier Motosport in Culver City. Has anyone had experience with the shop?

repairing it through insurance. sigh...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts