Maserati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the coupe, the blower is very strong, and indeed, on highest settlings seems to pass more air over the condenser coils, than optimal -- coolest a/c is at medium blower settings. In the spyder, the blower is anemic. (Both 2006 GS's). A/c is plenty cold in the spyder but there is not much of it. Do the two vehicles have different blowers? If not, what can be done to get more push out of the spyder blower? No bearing noises present or other indications of motor issues.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sadly filter was not the issue. Current suspect is that the resistor or resistor assembly, that is controlled by the dash-mounted fan speed control, is not passing full system voltage to the blower on high. Any insights into the part numbers for the resistor assembly, or the regulator if that is what it is, and into the location and access to these things, would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where does one measure whether the full system voltage is getting to the fan motor when the control is on "high" speed?

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
You can't really as the module is built into the base of the fan...You can measure that you have good voltage and ground going into your blower module....Jason

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
More useful information that I wish I had noted a while ago: the blower is one speed only. The controller has no effect whatsoever -- not even on "off". Stead, slow blow. Bad controller in dash?

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Yeah, that was a vital part of information.....Are you sure your blower speed is not broken on the backside? I have seen them split and not turn the pot that controls the blower speed...Jason

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The knob for the blower does not have a failed spline. I feel the detents throughout the blower speed range, and positive engagement at OFF and AUT. It does not rotate beyond the range on the dial. So perhaps we now look behind the knob, at the switch/rheostat?

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Yeah, that is gonna be a problem...I guess I would round up a wiring diagram and look for the wire from the HVAC panel to the blower module and look at the voltage and see if it varies when turning the fan speed knob....Trying to fix stuff like this without a wiring diagram is pretty darn hard...Jason

1 - 16 of 16 Posts