Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for tech info on the 5 pack cd changer.

How to select the CD changer for playing through the radio?

How to eject the CDs

How to select which one of the five CDs will play...

sounds like simple questions, and I would laugh at a newbie too, but the armrest cd plays fine... the cd-init source mode seems like it should play the cd from the 5 pack.

what is the model number of the 5 pack cd used? I'm hoping to find an owner's manual or some type of operating instructions online.

thanks in advance.
dave

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hi Dave, I just bought an '04 Coupe last month so new here as well but am working my way thru the "Info Centre". If you have the manuals on your car that's how this one is labeled, "Info Centre" and it's in section 5, but if you don't here are the basics, at least for my car this is how it works:

Look for a button labeled SRC bottom left on your display screen, hit it one - three times and you are in the 3 sets of programmable FM stations, for a total of 18, each set being numbers 1 - 6, depress the keys under the station you want and you save that station just like any conventional stereo, hit SRC a 4th time and you are in AM, hit SRC a 5th and it should take you to the CD player under your arm rest and a 6th push of the SRC should display/notify you of the 5 CD's in your trunk. The number 7 will scroll you down the CD list and number 9 will scroll you up, they both have corresponding arrows. The *asterisk key will take you back one song, the 0 +[> key in the middle bottom is pause your song and the # key is to advance to the next song. All that being said, mine is just like yours in that the CD player under my arm rest works great all the time, the one in the trunk is moody and play when it feels like singing. The eject key is the up arrow key above your "CALL" button on the right hand side of your display screen.

Let the music play, that will def get you started so I hope that's helpful!

Scott

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's a good start...
The eject button seems to work for the armrest cd player, but not the 5 pack.
Also, I have gotten into the 5 pack CD "mode" but no music so far... so I think your comment about it being "moody" is likely the cause.

It's difficult to figure out how things work when you add the element of intermittent failure / non-compliance.

I was able to 'eject' the CDs eventually by using tweezers to pull out the discs... I'll load some new CDs and see if that helps.

One thing I'm thinking about while reading other posts and looking around for info on this particular model cd player... i know the previous owner replaced the battery recently, and I was wondering if that may have reset the cd player. I have seen / read about a 'code' associated with the player and i'm curious if I have to enter this code somehow / somewhere.

any info related to this code info would be appreciated... i found a couple of credit-card sized plastic cards in the glovebox that had code information on them, but I can't determine their usefulness.

thanks for the info... please keep it coming.
dave

·
Registered
624 Posts
Dave, check out the thread just above yours from RXHEALER titled CD Changer Locked, sounds like very similar issues that you and I are having relative to getting the rear unit to function properly but at least they've fig'd out how to get to get the CD's out, (sorry, I thought you were asking about the eject button for your armrest unit), and reset the rear unit. Incidentally my changer has little eject buttons above each CD slot in the top right corners but again just like you, sometimes they come out sometimes they don't, sometimes my system recognizes there are CD's and other times it says "no CD". His system may help to at least start from anew, will try it later today.

Also would love to find out about any shortcuts to the CD changer without multiple presses of the SRC if anyone has any tips....and / or if anyone uses radio / cd voice command feature with success

Sirius sounding better and better all the time!

S

1 - 4 of 4 Posts