Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here considered either buying some black wheels or painting their wheels black? I've seen some pretty nice looking Ferraris and Porsches with black wheels, and I've wondered about that with my Maser. Of course, it might not be a good idea, as my car is black. :cool:

Anway, anyone here done this modification to their Maser? Oh, and if so, how about a pic?

Thanks,
Rusty G.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
black is good. you can get lazy on cleaning your wheels.
you can add a color on the outer rim / lip (a la Techart); or if you wheel is polished (look up at that formula dynamics ad)..

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have a black on black Spyder with seven spoke factory wheels that have been powder coated with a black pearl finish. Looks kind of like a black
chrome. The outfit that did it was Pacific Rims in Pittsburg, California.
MikeA

·
Registered
279 Posts
If your car is black and you have black rims... wouldnt that be a tad too much???

i had black HREs on my 996 C4S... she was a beauty...

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Personally..

Has anyone here considered either buying some black wheels or painting their wheels black? I've seen some pretty nice looking Ferraris and Porsches with black wheels, and I've wondered about that with my Maser. Of course, it might not be a good idea, as my car is black. :cool:

Anway, anyone here done this modification to their Maser? Oh, and if so, how about a pic?

Thanks,
Rusty G.
I hate black wheels. Wheels are part of a car's identity and are generally designed to make a car more attractive. If you paint them black it's harder to see the detail/shape/outline etc so may as well put a set of steel wheels on.

Nothing nicer than a set of clean silver wheels sparkling in the sun :)

CJ

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Your opinion is duly noted.

I hate black wheels. Wheels are part of a car's identity and are generally designed to make a car more attractive. If you paint them black it's harder to see the detail/shape/outline etc so may as well put a set of steel wheels on.

Nothing nicer than a set of clean silver wheels sparkling in the sun :)

CJ

·
Registered
246 Posts
Here's a couple of pictures of my Maser with the black pearl wheels. Sorry I don't have any full side shots, but you should get the idea. I like these better than the flat or glossy coal black wheels, since they look more like a dark chrome.
MikeA

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's a couple of pictures of my Maser with the black pearl wheels. Sorry I don't have any full side shots, but you should get the idea. I like these better than the flat or glossy coal black wheels, since they look more like a dark chrome.
MikeA

That is freaking awesome! :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
I don't like black wheels. IMO, I think they make black car look too boring and not stand out well. I have graphite center with polish lip wheels. I like them but actually I prefer lighter color. Black chrome is pretty nice too. Sorry for dirty car. When ever it clean, I never have camera with me :p

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts