Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I notice that after my car is cleaned and later in the week I note a fine black soot like on the tips of my Larini exhaust? I assume this is blow by oil or what? not heavy, just there which I usually wipe off till the next wash, is this a bad thing or is some blow by normal if in fact that is what it is; about 17K on the odometer; runs great, run 93 octane and change oil every 12 months (all fluids) per manual;about 3500 miles/year, should I worry something bad is gonna happen? dogdoc

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
So I notice that after my car is cleaned and later in the week I note a fine black soot like on the tips of my Larini exhaust? I assume this is blow by oil or what? not heavy, just there which I usually wipe off till the next wash, is this a bad thing or is some blow by normal if in fact that is what it is; about 17K on the odometer; runs great, run 93 octane and change oil every 12 months (all fluids) per manual;about 3500 miles/year, should I worry something bad is gonna happen? dogdoc
i think all cars have this?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
i think all cars have this?
I can detail my car and drive it for twenty minutes and the entire back end looks like it took a very light dusting. It's soot (carbon?) from the exhaust I believe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts